Serves meat, veg options available. Eclectic local pizza place offering vegan cheese. Vegans ask for vegan crust and no cheese in house salad. Also has tempeh on pies or calzones. Pesto is vegan. Local artist materials and occasional music. Salvage shop in the back; behind that a music venue where you can eat your pizza. May be a long wait during busy times. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by saumya108

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2014

Best pizza ever in the history of the planet.

They have Daiya and Teese vegan cheeses which are fantastic. all pizza crusts are vegan except for the deep dish. The salads are loaded with variety and the Lola Cola makes Mexican Coke look like toilet water. They have outdoor seating and it's dog friendly, they will bring your pups a bowl of water. They are cash only but the ATM on site charges a 1.50 fee that goes directly to local charity.

Seriously if you go anywhere else for pizza you're a Communist.

Cons: It's 4 hours away from me

Best dang vegan pizza around!

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2013

Every time I've been to Satchel's I have been completely floored by how AWESOME it is! The service is amazing, the food is phenomenal, and you're completely surrounded by this warm homey feeling... It's decorated with amazing local art, and there is a cute little shoppe of nicknacks in the back! Satchel's fits the essence of Gainesville, and you cannot miss it if you're visiting or a local!

I thought nothing could top Mellow Mushroom pizza-- oh how I was wrong... And trust me, Satchel's has their own house salad dressing, and you don't want to miss!

If only this website would let me give it 5 stars!

Pros: EXCELLENT food, Pleasant atmosphere, Relaxed, vibrant staff
Cons: You might have to wait for a seat...

Is Satchels still open?

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2013

I heard there was a fire. But get this--I heard that customers actually chipped in to renovate the place! Amazing. Anyway, I have never even been there. But no one who has lived in this area has not heard of the legendary Satchels. I know a sadhu who knows the owner. He says the owner is a fairly enlightened person. Jaya Radhe!

Dear Owner and Manager of Satchel's Pizza: