Satay Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Pet-friendly. All menu items are designed by Dr. Foo Swasdee, Doctorate in Food Science, emphasizing mind, body and food trinity in each dish. About 90% of menu is vegetarian friendly and can be vegan friendly as well. All dishes have a meat option but can be made with tofu and extra veggies. Supports local community by having locally grown greens delivered fresh each morning as well as all spices and herbs grown by the owner herself. Outdoor patio has parasols and misters for hot summer days. Price: Moderate more-less
Organic, Thai, Take-out, Delivery, Pan Asian, Indonesian, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Non-veg
3202 W Anderson Ln, Ste 205 (Shoal Creek Blvd)
Austin, Texas 78757
512-467-6731

Open Sun-Thur 11am-9:30pm, Fri -Sat 11am-10:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by mathimp
clgrome
clgrome

Will definitely go again!

4 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here! The owner came to our table to greet us, was very helpful in pointing out some great options on the menu and enthusiastic about be being a vegan. I got a curry dish with veggies and tofu and it was great! My boyfriend got some grilled meat skewers and they let him get 1 with tofu for me to try, and it was great too! I am very hesitant to order tofu when I go out to eat because it is not always good, but this really was delicious. The only down side was that it took a while to get our food and it took even longer to get our check, but the food was worth it. We both really enjoyed our experience and agreed we will definitely go again.

Pros: Lots of veg options, Very friendly and helpful staff, Great atmosphere
Cons: Service was slow
mathimp
mathimp

I can't recommend it.

1 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2010

not a rant, just a warning...

I had two bad experiences too many. Awful service, from someone who claimed to be a manager, though he didn't know the menu or what seitan is. He pushed a "tasters menu" on us, which was very small and very expensive. I don't mind spending extra on food as long as the food is good, which it isn't. As per ujshe, I went back to give it a second chance, and though the service was quite a bit better, the food was still poor. I'm guessing when they were opening, they had to choose between a chef and a microwave.

Cons: food, price, service

Dear Owner and Manager of Satay Restaurant: