Part of Vegetarian Indian restaurant group. This one established in 2011. Seats 120. Extensive menu. Dairy is used, so vegans to inquire. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Indian

First Review by jollypig
jollypig
jollypig

Fantastic - bit spicy though!

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2014

Wow, great restaurant very close to Tooting Broadway station. Inside it's brightly lit and has an open kitchen so you can seen the guys preparing the food. Service was friendly and efficient. We went on a Friday evening and it was pretty busy, but people tend to come and go as food is served quickly. The menu covers both north and south Indian dishes, along with a small selection of Chinese.

We went for north Indian and I loved the 'Devil Potato' and the kadai paneer. Both were very richly flavoured and spicy. I expected it of the former dish (the clue is in the name), but not necessarily of the latter. I lived in India for three years so I'm no wimp when it comes to spicy food... My dining associate had the north Indian thali. It was all excellent.

The bill came to about £24 for both of us.

Highly recommended, though you might want to check with the waiter how hot the sauces are in dishes you're ordering, or ask for them to make them to your preference.

Pros: Very richly flavoured, tasty food, Great value, nice staff, kitchen view, Easy to get to
Cons: Would be good if menu noted hot items, Lights could be dimmed a little

Dear Owner and Manager of Saravanaa Bhavan: