CLOSED: Saravanaa Bhavan

Open in February 2011, Saravanaa Bhavan is part of a global Indian vegetarian restaurant network. Features authentic vegetarian Indian cuisine with many vegan choices, including South Indian dishes. Dosas, utthapam (rice & lentil pancakes), and appetizers in addition to mixed rice dishes and house specialties. Modern atmosphere. Booth, table, and bar seating up to 125 persons. DEC 2012 REPORTED SHUT DOWN. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine
1187 Florida Mall Ave Ste 128
Orlando, Florida 32809
407-704-5455

Open Mon-Fri 11am-2.30pm, 5.30-10pm, Sat 11.30am-10.30pm, Sun 11.30am-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by wendymerissa
kanojia
kanojia

This place is CLOSED & Locked

2 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2013

We were visiting Orlando/Daytona in FL and had craving for south Indian food. Found this on HappyCow search and drove there ... only to found this placed locked with chains and empty inside. Just want to ensure that others don't waste their time ...

Pros: CLOSED
Cons: LOCKEDOUT
JohnS242
JohnS242

Ok, I guess

2 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

Place was ok, I guess. More like a diner than an actual restaurant. The food was ok, I guess. The place was not all that nice.

vegansoul
vegansoul

Indian diner

2 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

The staff were friendly, but the interior and menu were not impressive. They lost their liquor license and do not have any wine or beer. The menu was 50 ways to cook lentils... there was no variety. Food was served on metal trays, like circa 1950 tv dinner. My beau and I were the only white patrons. We asked for mild and it was no where near mild. I suffered intestinal distress later that evening.

Pros: All vegetarian with vegan options, Free parking
Cons: No variety , Spicy food, No beer/wine
veganrunner
veganrunner

Great food including outstanding dosas & chutneys

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

I ordered the Onion Rava Masala Dosa and absolutely loved it! It had a great flavor and the accompanying curries and sambar were fabulous.

Pros: Taste, Decor
Cons: Lacking a bit in customer service
wendymerissa
wendymerissa

Spicy and good

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

Service here was great. Friendly, smiling faces were eager to greet my boyfriend and me. The dishes are far spicier than I am used to, as I frequent Bombay Cafe (across the street from Woodlands on OBT) and their food is milder with a nice kick. We ordered the $12+ "sampler" special which felt like a rip-off. Other veg. Indian joints would be charging $7 for this exact amount of food. Maybe it is more expensive because it's a large venue & right by the Florida Mall. :)

Pros: Delicious, All Veg, Friendly staff
Cons: Very spicy

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Saravanaa Bhavan: