Vegetarian Indian restaurant. Extensive menu features authentic South and North cuisine. Has a daily lunch buffet. A la carte dinner. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by VeganTex
lfusfeld
lfusfeld

Awful Buffet

2 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2013

The buffet food had a few vegan options, but mainly seemed full of starches (rice dishes and noodles) and the battered, deep fried things were gummy and awful. The dosas we were given were actually very good and the soup was ok, but otherwise I was stunned by how bad the food was. I left thinking about what I was going to eat instead.

Pros: Good dosas
Cons: Bad buffet food
maverick
maverick

wonderful south indian food

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2010

delicious south indian food with friendly and attentive service.

the weekend buffet is more extravagant than the ones during the week.

the items in the buffet are on the spicy side, but they do accommodate a preference for less spicy food when you order from the menu. they also have no problems making low salt and less spicy dishes that are wonderfully flavorful when you place a catering order.

vegetable manchurian, the dosas, the idli, the bisi bali bath, are a few favorites.

VeganTex
VeganTex

Saravan Palace

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2007

I really liked this restaurant! Great food and vegan options. My favorite Indian restaurant in the DC area.
-VeganTex