Established 2007 under Punjabi management. North and South Indian vego food. Seats 35. Veganism understood. Walk in the main entry to Chung King Mansions from Nathan Rd, 50 paces straight along the corridor is a staircase going up 1 floor. Upstairs turn left & the eatery is behind the shop facing you. Has Wi-Fi. Nearest MTR - Tsim Sha Tsui exit H. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Delivery, Take-out

usharanihk
usharanihk

Sarvana, HK

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2015

Food and service was amazing. I ordered dahi puri, north thali and ragada patties was the best out of all. Price is very reasonable and definitely worth the pay. Had loads of fun eating good quality food. It also provides WiFi which is a plus always. Definitely recommended this place if you are looking for good quality food at a good price. I personally would definitely come back to eat there again.

Stevie
Stevie

Sarvana, Hong Kong

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

I had dinner here last night. The waiter was a Punjabi guy (who I suspect is also the manager) named Bali. I asked him what on the meny was dairy free. When he replied by asking if I was vegan, he got off to a terrific start.

My dining companion and I ordered a thali each (one North Indian, one South Indian), customised to be vegan friendly (the yogurt was removed). This meant we had tarka dal, aloo mutter, coriander chutney (x2), sambar, chana dal, a couple of chapati, a couple of pooris and some boiled rice. Add in a couple of soft drinks and this came to exactly 200 HK bucks. All of the food was a dlight to eat, really fabulous, every mouthful was packed with flavour and while there was a little bit of a zing in there, it wasn't over done with chilli.

It's not the most stylish nor galmourous of decor, but this is Chung King Mansions where the eateries are aimed at the cheep and cheerful market. Of the 3 all vego places I've now eaten that are in Chung King (the other 2 are branches of Smrat), this is the one that I found most enjoyable. The food was wonderful, the guy serving me gave me a calm reassurance that he was vegan knowledgeable and the price made good value.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Fabulous food, Good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Saravana: