Vegetarian Indian restaurant that's part of a international franchise. Specializes in South Indian cuisine. Opened in Sept 2011. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Take-out

butikiteas
butikiteas

Great Indian Food, Great Prices

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2014

The hubby and I used to eat here once a week until we moved. I still visit occasionally. The idly and vada are the best in the area. Indian is my favorite food, so I am constantly searching restaurants. They offer a nice variety of chutney and sambar with every order. The uttapams are the tastiest in the area. I don't love their dosas compared to other places but they are still good. My husband would disagree since he loves their dosas. There are a few other really great dishes as well. I don't recommend the onion bhaji. I think it has to be one of the worst that I have tried. The service is super fast. We are usually in and out in 30 minutes. We receive pleasant service, but it is hard to tell since we were regulars.
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 17, 2014

Pros: Great food, fast service
Cons: not everything is amazing, could be cleaner
Saiki
Saiki

Just ok!

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

Been to this location a couple of times. Each time we had both good and bad things to say.

Good
----
* Some of the food is decent, though not the best!
* Food quantity is ok for one person, though not enough to be really shared (something to keep in mind when you go as a group)
* Food wise, some dishes are good.

Bad
---
* Ordering both appetizer and main dish is an issue. Both come at the same time or within minutes of each other!!
* Waiting and ordering main dish is another issue. Your main dish comes very late!! (yep! tried both ways :-( )
* Did not like their masala parota varieties (usually my fav). Not just me, heard the same feedback from other members in my family and friends
* Service is very bad. Very inconsiderate servers and at times down-right idiotic (pardon my french). Example: Dump all the dishes at the same time on your table without thinking and place one dish on top of another!!!
* The table is not even cleaned properly and unfortunately looks very unhygenic
* Somehow can't help get the feeling that we are at their mercy!
* You ask for water and the jug gets placed on your table. The server doesn't even offer to serve water or the dishes

Conclusion:
-----------
Prepare for the worst so you don't be shocked.

Pros: Food is ok. Not the best.
Cons: Very bad service, Cold food

Dear Owner and Manager of Saravana Bhavan: