Indian restaurant specializing in vegetarian South Indian cuisine. Part of a international franchise. Meal platters, dosas, crepes, and sweets. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast Food, Take-out
4559 Hurontario St Blk A Unit 12B (Mississauga Market Place, Hurontario Hwy 10 & Eglinton)
Mississauga, Ontario On L4Z 3l9
905-290-0769

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by stantoro
lizkelly
lizkelly

Amazing

5 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

Amazing indian food, make sure to let them know you are vegan. Lots of menu items can be made without ghee. The dosas are the best!

mirandaconnelly
mirandaconnelly

what a gem!

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2012

This food is delicious. Served fast food style on metal plates. utthappam with tomato and onion was excellent. Dont miss the mango lassy which is the best i have ever had. Dont bother with the tali-style platters though.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff
Cons: cafeteria atmosphere
mikethevegan
mikethevegan

Excellent, exotic, and vegan-friendly

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2011

We went to this restaurant having never heard a thing about it. We were extremely impressed. I've been a fan of Indian food for close to twenty years, but I have never had Indian food like this before. So many of the dishes were new to me and they were all tasty. The server was knowledgeable and friendly. She happily explained the different dishes and was very willing to substitute vegan items for those which contain dairy.

The food was delicious, plentiful, and almost shockingly inexpensive. I had the combo platter (the dinner special), which came with rice, two papadums, two poori, and about eight small containers of various curries. I loved them all and had plenty left over to take home.

Even though its well out of our way, we will definitely go back to this restaurant.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Large portions
Cons: Hard to tell what is vegan and what isn'

Ken4057
Ken4057

I agree with the first reviewer

4 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2009

I've eaten at other South Indian joints in Toronto and Mississauga, and this one is by far the tastiest and cleanest, too. They will happily substitute vegan items for vegetarian items wherever possible, which is a big plus. Most places just take them out and charge the same.

stantoro
stantoro

Excellent South Indian Food

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2008

Can't believe I'm the first one to write a review of this extraordinary South Indian place. The best South Indian I've had (and there's plenty of good stuff in and around Toronto). Everything is great: crispy dosa, idli, vada, and those fascinating condiments. All very fresh, and just spicy enough for my taste. Perfect for vegans: everything is cooked in oil, not ghee, and anything dairy is pretty obvious (raita, yogurt rice, curd, lassi, creamy desserts). The "tomato omelette" is made with chickpea flour, not eggs: try it and blow your mind. If you're not familiar with this type of food, this place will spoil you forever! Part of a chain that has branches around Toronto, Vancouver, NYC, Atlanta, and LA, and in UK, UAE, Oman, India, Malaysia, and Singapore.

Dear Owner and Manager of Saravana Bhavan: