Vegetarian Indian restaurant that's part of a international franchise. Specializes in South Indian cuisine. Seats up 150. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Indian, Take-out
8604 N MacArthur Blvd
Irving, Texas 75063
Now Open

Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

First Review by HarelBen-nun

The Food is TOO SPICY

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2015

I have even complained to Mr Pandyan (manager in Irving) that the sambhar, rasam and chutney are too too spicy. I must have a glass of water after every sip of sambhar. On the other hand the same stuff in their restaurant branch in Houston is not at all spicy. I have even visited their restaurant in Chennai and the food is not at all spicy. Do not understand why the quality and consistency cannot be maintained in the Irving restaurant. I am afraid to visit the Irving restaurant. Never again until they stop serving too spicy stuff.

Pros: Good authentic South Indian food, Friendly Staff
Cons: Very Spicy Sambhar, Rasam and chutney, Friendly staff irrelevant, I cannot eat

perfect restaurant

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2015

Family owned. Part of a chain.
Great local South Indian food.
When you get inside you understand you chose well by the costumers sitting with you.
Will come back for sure!

Pros: prices, verity , special local food I even can't name
Cons: hard to understand for non Indy speakers..:)

Dear Owner and Manager of Saravana Bhavan: