Saras, whose name stems from Sanskrit meaning "with juice," offers an extensive menu that encompasses 200+ dishes ranging from a cross-selection of Indian regional delicacies including Indian-Chinese and Thai vegetarian food. It's quick service style with wi-fi, situated near Windsor Hotel. Has another outlet in Pattaya. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Thai, Juice bar, Fast food, Delivery, Catering

vincevincent
vincevincent

Popular with Indians

3 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

...so overall a good bet.
I have been a few times. The North Indian Thali is around 270 plus service charge, and I'd say a meal would set you back 300-400 which for me is on the slightly pricier side.
The food is good- the service ok.
Also check out vegetarian Indian options around Nana.

Pros: 100% veg, quality of food, wide range
godresse
godresse

Huge Variety

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

Great restaurant with HUGE variety. We didn't even know where to start with the ordering. Brought my family there (4 people total+ 2 kids) and we all ordered a different combo plate. 50% was great, 50% not to my taste. I know what I like there now, so will certainly go back. Prices very reasonable and nice atmosphere. Easy to find.

Pros: Inexpensive, Convenient Location, Great Variety
Cons: almost too much choice!
Cathy P.
Cathy P.

Good Choice

4 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2011

Very good choice of food in a nice atmosphere a bit off the main road away from the hub-bud that is Bangkok. It was quite busy the day we ate there with a mix of Westerners and Asians. My Thai dishes were a bit hot/spicy for me. We received table service but there seemed to be a take away set-up too.

emsoprano
emsoprano

lovely pure veg authentic Indian food

5 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

I found Saras accidentally (right behind the Rembrandt hotel in an ally behind Basilico Italian restaurant) and I walked in, not knowing it was all vegetarian, and the owner who was at the front desk asked me if I was vegetarian while I was looking over the menu, and I answered yes, and he had a great big smile on his face. The staff are all very helpful when it comes to explaining the menu items- there are SO many- from all over India, snaks, Chinese food (the kind of Chinese food you find in India, that is), and Thai dishes. I have been there twice now and had a very spicy paneer roti roll wrap as well as the Gujarati thali- which was amazing! The best and most authentic Indian food I've had since I was in India. Good pricecs- nothing more than 300 baht- the Thali was huge and was 275. They deliver as well and you can order online. Nice, clean atmosphere, mostly frequented by many Indian families.

Pros: flavorful, friendly staff, authentic Indian food

Dear Owner and Manager of Saras - Bangkok:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Bangkok page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/08/23