Saras, whose name stems from Sanskrit meaning "with juice," offers an extensive menu that encompasses 200+ dishes ranging from a cross-selection of Indian regional delicacies including Indian-Chinese and Thai vegetarian food. It's quick service style with Wi-Fi. Has another to-go outlet in Bangkok and a restaurant in Pattaya. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Thai, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Catering
15 Sukhumvit Soi 20, Sukhumvit Rd (near Windsor Hotel)
Bangkok, Thailand 10110

Mon-Fri 8:30am-10:30pm, Sat-Sun 8:30am-11:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by emsoprano
Plae
Plae

Impressive!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2016

I found this restaurant by chance. Most of the customers are Hindi.
I can order in English although not every staff could speak English.
Every dish is great. There are both normal dish, set menu and dessert bar.

Pros: Variety list of menu, Great quantity of food
Stevie
Stevie

Saras - Bangkok

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2015

I stumbled on this place courtesy of happycow. Me and she were after some takeaway and the choice of Indian savouries on offer seemed perfect to fit the job - we ordered for and it cost 122 Thai baht. When we asked the guy behind the counter which of these were vegan friendly he said all of them. I also spoke with a friendly guy there who turned out to be the manager. He also referenced their vegan friendliness.

If I had time in BKK I'd hoover back here to check out a full sit down meal & amend my review accordingly. I probably won't have time...

Pros: Vegan friendly, Tasty & inexpensive
vtraveller
vtraveller

Good Meal

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2015

When we were planing our recent trip to Thailand we saw this place recommended on Happycow and thought to give it a go. We also made it out to Pattaya and ate at that Saras as well.

Both time we got combo platters with rice and curries plus a side of samosas. Yummy.

vincevincent
vincevincent

Popular with Indians

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

...so overall a good bet.
I have been a few times. The North Indian Thali is around 270 plus service charge, and I'd say a meal would set you back 300-400 which for me is on the slightly pricier side.
The food is good- the service ok.
Also check out vegetarian Indian options around Nana.

Pros: 100% veg, quality of food, wide range
godresse
godresse

Huge Variety

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

Great restaurant with HUGE variety. We didn't even know where to start with the ordering. Brought my family there (4 people total+ 2 kids) and we all ordered a different combo plate. 50% was great, 50% not to my taste. I know what I like there now, so will certainly go back. Prices very reasonable and nice atmosphere. Easy to find.

Pros: Inexpensive, Convenient Location, Great Variety
Cons: almost too much choice!
Cathy P.
Cathy P.

Good Choice

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2011

Very good choice of food in a nice atmosphere a bit off the main road away from the hub-bud that is Bangkok. It was quite busy the day we ate there with a mix of Westerners and Asians. My Thai dishes were a bit hot/spicy for me. We received table service but there seemed to be a take away set-up too.

malini
malini

Jain Menu

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2011

Good location and have Jain menu.

emsoprano
emsoprano

lovely pure veg authentic Indian food

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2011

I found Saras accidentally (right behind the Rembrandt hotel in an ally behind Basilico Italian restaurant) and I walked in, not knowing it was all vegetarian, and the owner who was at the front desk asked me if I was vegetarian while I was looking over the menu, and I answered yes, and he had a great big smile on his face. The staff are all very helpful when it comes to explaining the menu items- there are SO many- from all over India, snaks, Chinese food (the kind of Chinese food you find in India, that is), and Thai dishes. I have been there twice now and had a very spicy paneer roti roll wrap as well as the Gujarati thali- which was amazing! The best and most authentic Indian food I've had since I was in India. Good pricecs- nothing more than 300 baht- the Thali was huge and was 275. They deliver as well and you can order online. Nice, clean atmosphere, mostly frequented by many Indian families.

Pros: flavorful, friendly staff, authentic Indian food

Dear Owner and Manager of Saras:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Bangkok page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/08/23