A vegetarian Indian restaurant. Vegan and gluten free dishes are marked on the menu. Makes a vegan pina colada. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by Stevie
Soul2Soul Educare
Soul2Soul Educare

Great Prices! Good Food!

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2014

We wanted to eat some nice Indian food on a cold snowy day so we ventured out to Jersey City and we were pleased to find this joint. The menu was extensive and it took us a long time to decide what we wanted because we wanted everything on the menu! The service was great! The prices were very reasonable. The food was pretty good (we have eaten better Indian in Atlanta), but it was decent. Plus it's all vegetarian with vegan dishes clearly marked and gluten free clearly marked. All in all would definitely recommend this place.

Pros: Reasonably Priced, Vegan and Gluten Free clearly marked
Cons: Not such a great ambiance
slo0go
slo0go

Best dosas ever

5 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2013

This place is awesome! My partner and I first discovered it a few years ago. Two years ago, when we moved back to Jersey City, we rediscovered and fell in love with it all over again. For maybe about six months now, we have gone once a week because I LOVE THEIR DOSAS. Absolutely delicious! My partner is more into the South Indian curries. Their condiments are very tasty. Normally, when you order a dosa, you get three condiments: ginger, peanut, and tomato. If you're vegan, you should definitely let the incredibly friendly staff know. You should also know that the peanut condiment is NOT vegan. Otherwise, knock yourself out on all the yummy food! I highly recommend the Sapthagiri special, which is a dosa and a vada (fried lentil donut) or idly (rice cake type thing) for only $8.50!!! There is also the vegan thali, which is an assortment of vegan dishes that they will refill if you want. It's like a buffet that comes to you! Also, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays there is a chat (think crispies, potatoes, chick peas, etc. with tamarind and mint/cilantro condiments) and dosa buffet for (I think) $11.00. Wow!!!

Pros: Reasonable prices, Delicious dosas, Friendly staff
Cons: Sometimes a little greasy/oily
Stevie
Stevie

Sapthagiri, Jersey City

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

I was taking a casual mosy on down Newark Ave today wondering which of the clutch of vego restaurants I would try out. I stopped to look in the window of 1 place to try to see if I see if it was all vego. I asked the guy standing at the door who said no. A girl was mosying past in the other direction, overheard what had just been said, and immediately offered some friendly advice. She said she had traveled over to try Sapthagiri based on a review she had said somewhere in NYC. She said it was great food and was happy to endorse the place. So Sapthagiri it was.

The obvious advantage it has to me over the other Indian vego restaurants I've tried along here is that the menu indicates clearly what is vegan and also gluten free should that be a consideration for you. The choice is pretty immense so with my head swirling in a vortex of choice overload confusion, I went for the vegan thali. This was decision making at its best as it was the business, great value at $12.

No real complaints about this place, great food and great value with pleasant service.

Pros: Vegan items marked on the menu, Great value, tasty

Dear Owner and Manager of Sapthagiri: