Serves meat, veg options available. Offers vegetarian and vegan choices including vegan croissant and cupcakes, typical Spanish bocadillos made with vegan sausages, smoothies, and a few other vegan dishes that change daily. Has soymilk for drinks. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Spanish, Non-veg

Sonnus
Sonnus

yummy

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2015

Small cafe with good sandwiches and croissants and co. They don't speak English fluently, but they understood what we wanted and they are totally friendly. It looks like a vegan cafe, but they also offer non-vegan food.
Good for take away.

jessgrif
jessgrif

delicious

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2015

I'll agree with a previous review that the outside signage make the place look 100% veg but it's a not. However, I simply told them i was vegan and they showed me the options. I had an empanada combo and my partner had a "hamburger". For dessert i had a coffee with soy milk and chocolate croissant

They didn't speak English but luckily pointing and what little spanish i know worked out just fine

hack_man
hack_man

Street Life

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2014

You would think this place is totally meat free the way it is signed outside but they do serve some meat pastries. Apart from that it's a veggie zone even selling vegan sushi. Very limited seating inside it's more of a kiosk for a quick drink and snack then off you go.

Pros: vegan choice, cheap, convenient
Cons: some meat items

daveharruk
daveharruk

Very happy

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2014

We came here for breakfast on the last morning of our stay in Barcelona and, once we saw the separate vegan menu, we had a great choice for breakfast and excellent service. If we had found this earlier, we may have gone there every day for breakfast - highly recommended for breakfast and light meals. I don't seem to be able to select 5 stars so I chose the highest possible (4). This is a small family run venue, so while there was no problem getting seated for us, it would be unwise to assume there would always be enough space to sit down inside.

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Reasonable prices, Good service
Riotdontdiet
Riotdontdiet

Vegan croissants!

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

We came here for breakfast. The vegan croissants were very good. Wish I could have gone back a second time.

Pros: good value, friendly staff
Petesternz
Petesternz

Nice little place - good croissants

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

Pretty rare to get vegan croissants, so I appreciated this place (though I"m still hoping the "vegan" part didn't get lost in translation - the croissants sure did seem buttery). Nice empanadas too. Nothing super special here, but everything solidly made and enjoyable.

JohannaKnutsson
JohannaKnutsson

wonderful and authentic

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

We just stumbled upon this cosy little cafe when we visited Barcelona today. Ordered 2 vegan burgers,drinks and croissants and it was perfect amount of food,great prices and made with love. Super friendly staff even if they don't speak English we got along very well.

Harp
Harp

Very good

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

It's nice to have more vegan friendly options in Barcelona. I've tasted their vegan chocolate croissants and cupcakes and both were excellent.

Recommended!

Pros: Taste, Value, Staff
Blueberries
Blueberries

Gorgeous little friendly and vegan-friendly café

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

I am delighted to find this café on Happy Cow!

I discovered it recently as it is local to me and I love it! The staff are so friendly and patiently go through all of the vegan options with me every time I go in and ask.

I have gotten potato and roasted vegetable tart and also toasted bocadillos with avocados, home-made seitan chorizo and roasted vegetables. The muffins and many of the other sweets are also vegan. Simple, delicious, home-made food.

I have never gotten coffee there but I know that they have soya milk as an option.

It is also in a really convenient location just beside Placa Universitat and the Metro station.

A lovely little vegan-friendly café that I whole-heartedly recommend :)

Pros: Great food and friendly staff, Great vegan options including sweets
Cons: Also serves non-vegan food

Dear Owner and Manager of Santoni Cafe: