Also offers vegan sweets. Family-run. Confirmed open Oct 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Juice bar, Take-out
848 London Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey, London, UK
South East London, England CR7 7PA
0208-6650626

Open Thur-Tue 12-10pm, closed Wed.

First Review by eat right

Amazing Service!

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2013

Well, what can I say?! We had a lovely time! Before we sat down, we double checked that they have things suitable for Vegans. The guy reassured us that everything was vegetarian, but the majority was also Vegan. Most of it is made fresh/to order, so most could also be made Vegan. He was very knowledgeable, and knew exactly what each of the items contained. There was such a huge choice of foods, and our waiter (who I assume was the owner), was so helpful in explaining what things were, and recommending which foods would accompany each other. We had about 4 different starter/side dishes between the 2 of us: some fried/battered sliced potato (which is one of their specialist dishes), spring rolls, aubergine fritters, etc. They do a variety of fresh fruit juices, which were very welcomed. There'se a wide choice of mains, too-I had a Chinese dish, and my partner had a curry (although we did share!). There wasn't a huge choice for anything sweet (although I suppose you could have a fruit juice/smoothie), but he recommended this funny thing, which was a floury, swirly thing, fried, and then dipped in syrup-really nice, and different. He also gave us another Vegan sweet, to take home, on the house! Anyway, this guy was honestly the loveliest restaurant guy, and so helpful, and attentive! We will definitely be returning, whether we eat in, or use the take away service.

Pros: Lovely, lovely owner!, Great food for Vegans/vegetarians, Great service
Cons: The d├ęcor is a little dated
Guest
Guest

Pure Indian Vegetarian

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2010

There is nothing like this Restaurant in Brighton so I along with my family make the 120 mile round trip to taste true Indian Vegetarian food in this very friendly family run restaurant. The Dhosa's are as good as they come, but the Daal soup that comes with the Dhosa is the best I have ever tasted, the curry's all Vegan (except paneer dish's) are all made fresh and have their own individual flavour and taste and can be spiced to your request. As for the starters like Narirobi Bhajia, and the best Daal Bhajia you will ever taste,here you are tasting Pure Vegetarian food at its natural best. One of the only Indian restaurants that I know that make and serve Vegan sweets, making a lot of their sweets without milk powder or butter gee, makes this place ideal for Vegans. It may be a small point but to me Chappati's are a crucial part of Indian food, and here they are better than I have tasted anywhere. Santok Maas is open every day apart from Wednesday, 12pm to 10pm. Dont forget the take aways, Samosas, Kachori,Bhajia,etc etc, very reasonable in price, because by the time you are half way home you need to refresh your taste buds, and 30 miles is a long way to turn round and drive back.

Pros: Meny vegan dish's, Family run, Pure Vegetarian

Dear Owner and Manager of Santok Maas: