Santa Rosa Community Market

Sonoma County's worker-run, all-vegetarian natural food store, established in 1975. Stocking fresh local and organic produce, vitamins, natural grocery, bulk food, and more. Staff nutritionist available for customers. Opened a second location in Sebastapol in 2013. more-less

First Review by beastyot
brinnet
brinnet

Vegan Paradise

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

Seriously, I live near this market and it is wonderful. I believe the store is entirely vegetarian, and has a great selection of vegan items. They emphasize local, organic, and non-GMO,and have cute little product recommendations by the staff posted around. Great bulk options as well -- love to get bulk organic sugar and organic popcorn here :)

My favorite vegan products to pick up here are Sweet and Sara Marshmallows (in refrigerated section) and the tamales in the teal packaging in the refrigerated section. Sooo good! Oh, and the individual Sjaak's vegan chocolates by the counter.

I come here all the time to explore new products I've never heard of -- each trip is an adventure.

If you're local, they have Go Local cards that you can sign up for -- you'll get some small percentage of what you spend back at your next shopping trip -- which I always use to buy myself a Sjaak's chocolate :)

Pros: amazing vegan selection, emphasize local, non-GMO, and organic, large bulk section
Cons: a little pricey, ugly chain link fence around parking lot :/
raphanos
raphanos

Great selection

4 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

I have been a vegetarian for almost 2 decades and I have learned that stores like this are very hard to find. Great selection, high prices but still acceptable.

Pros: Nice selection
Cons: Prices are a bit steep
willtuttle
willtuttle

Best Health Food Store in the galaxy

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2010

My spouse and I have been traveling full-time for 20 years throughout North America, going to many hundreds of health food stores for our vegan organic foods, and I'd have to say that the Santa Rosa Community Market is the very best of them all. Fabulous fresh local produce, wide variety of organic bulk foods, great selection of merchandise, friendly staff, good prices, no meat (at least not obvious) well-organized, great hours -- just really a terrific shopping experience all around. We are typically disappointed in so many ways with the health food store situation, with Whole Foods moving in to so many communities.
Thanks Santa Rosa - we are grateful to you and to your progressive and compassionate consciousness for consistently supporting this best of all health food stores. Highest recommendation.

Pros: great quality, big selection, paradise!

Nan Sea Love
Nan Sea Love

My favorite place to shop!

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2010

Friendly caring staff, good selection of foods not found elsewhere, lots of organic fresh fruits and vegetables.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Outstanding Community Market!

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2009

Everything you could need and more! Wonderful selection of natural products. Don't miss the vegan burritos in the refrigerated section.

beastyot
beastyot

A great place to be!

5 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2009

WOW!! This is a really impressive health food store for a smaller sized city. Their produce section is 99% organic and blows a loud horn of plenty! The best part is that they do their best to support small, local farms. The supplements and bodycare department also offers a wide array of super sustainable organic products. They give the cleanest bodycare products a green label making it extremely easy to identify the safest products. Now, my most favorite part...the raw food section! I don't think I've ever seen a health food store with a more plentiful selection of delicious, organic, local raw food-not to mention how reasonably priced it all is! I know that i won't be shopping at a wHOLE foods ever again! stop in and say "hullo!" to the friendly Community Market kids!!

Pros: Organic!, Local, Vegetarian

Dear Owner and Manager of Santa Rosa Community Market: