Sanskruti Restaurant

Opened Sept 2013, this Indian vegetarian restaurant offers plenty of vegan menu items in both starter and main courses. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out
95 Mauldeth Rd (Kings Way)
Manchester, England M14 6SR

Open Mon-Thur 5-11:30pm, Fri-Sun 5pm-12am.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by HeatherB 1984
Bhammer
Bhammer

Varied menu

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

Really wide choice of tasty meals, many I had not heard of before and plenty of vegan ones apart from the desserts (except for ice cream).Would prefer brown rice but nice white rice + flat bread is an alternative. Good service. Would had liked to have known which dished were spicy hot and whether they were dry or liquid. Could had asked the waiter mind you!

Pros: Variety of tasty dishes, service
Mimi
Mimi

Simply Wonderful

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

I was treated to a meal here by some lovely friends. I can honestly say that this restaurant offers the finest Indian food that I have ever eaten, and I have been fortunate to enjoy some great food in other Indian Vegetarian restaurants in the UK.
The food was imaginative, incredibly full of flavour, and different to the 'usual'. Staff were great - attentive and friendly.
I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant - to anyone in the area, and it is also worth travelling for.

Pros: Fantastic Food, Imaginative Menu, Great Staff
J-Veg
J-Veg

Excellent, authentic Indian cuisine

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

I'd heard a lot of good things about this place and had high expectations and I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint. I went with two non-veggie friends, who were pleased with the food.

We had the obligatory poppadums to start while we chose our meals and I was impressed with how interesting the menu sounded and with the large number of vegan options (around half of the menu, marked with a 'V').

In the end I went for the Dudhi Dal Nu Shaak, which was really tasty, wholesome and had a depth of taste with just the right amount of spice. My friends had the Vegetable Harabhara (great pick if you like spinach) and the Malai Kofta. The rice and the selection of breads we had were also good.

They have a good selection of vegan ice-cream for dessert and the Gajjar Halwa (with grated carrots) was delicious.

The price was also really reasonable, but my only criticism is the atmosphere/furnishing, which kind of just felt like a standard British-Indian restaurant rather than having an Indian feel.

Pros: Great value, Delicious, authentic food
arherron
arherron

Delicious.

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

We came here for the first time recently for my friends birthday and were delighted with the food, the service and the choice. The menu is very extensive and all the vegan options are listed. There's so much choice for vegans and Pepe the manager knows what's vegan, makes some great recommendations and really looked after our party. The main section of the menu is divided into punjabi and gujarati and included dosa masalas and great chai. Our new favorite indian in Manchester.

Pros: great vegan choice, clearly marked , delicious and unusual dishes, friendly, attentive and informed staff
Ilse1973
Ilse1973

Yes Delicious!

4 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

So glad we have a brand spanking new vegetarian restaurant in Manchester which (very important) has many vegan options and is willing to think outside the box to make just about anything vegan for you.

We had a lovely take out meal (highly recommend the Khichdi, Vada Pav and Ringan Bateta) scrumptious.

Pros: Vegan options, Very friendly, Not too hot spiced
Cons: Smallish portions, Parking around the corner

HeatherB 1984
HeatherB 1984

Lovely atmosphere and great vegan food!

5 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

Myself and my husband visited here for a meal on Weds 11th Sept. The restaurant was very busy due to a having a party booking of around 30 people in at the time. Even though it was busy, the service was fantastic. I cannot fault them at all! The atmosphere was 'buzzing' all evening.

The food portions were generous and the food was incredibly tasty. As a vegan, it was a refreshing change to have lots of choice on the menu. It actually took a while to decide what options I wanted to try! My husband (who is a meat eater) enjoyed the food too, and commented on how tasty and filling it was.

We will certainly be returning again soon so that I can try some more of the other (many) delicious sounding options on the menu.

Thank you Sanskruti Restaurant for a very enjoyable evening! :-)

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Excellent price, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Parking - nearby side streets only

Dear Owner and Manager of Sanskruti Restaurant: