A vegetarian and vegan restaurant that offers several types of burgers, salads, sandwiches, empanadas, juices and more. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, International, Chilean

Mon-Fri 9:30am-6:00pm

First Review by choogirl
coverseas
coverseas

Good option, if not mind-blowing

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2014

This appears to be the only exclusively vegetarian place in ViƱa del Mar, to which I say kudos to them! My experience was pretty similar to the previous reviewer's; it's a small place, though easy to spot, since there aren't a great number of businesses around it (and it's not close to the shore). The only tables are outside (fine outside of winter, I imagine), and it's a quick-eat place.

I was the only customer there; I went on a weekday around 14.00 or so. I can't say that the atmosphere was one of unbridled enthusiasm or enveloping warmness, but they weren't openly rude or anything. The menu on the day I was there was handwritten on some cards on the counter; the general gist is as described -- wraps, salads, and burgers. I had a wrap, and it was pretty good, but without a great deal of flavor (the pesto it had inside was a surprise and was good, though not plentiful) -- I have had similar taste experiences of vegetarian places in Chile (and to some extent in Latin America), so it's not just this place. (I much prefer stronger flavors myself!)

The prices were pretty good -- definitely low-moderate.

I am giving this place 4 cows to support the veggie-ism in VdM! I can definitely say that I was delighted this place existed, even if I wasn't blown away. Perhaps if business picks up a little, they'll feel more at ease and might expand the menu a bit.

Pros: The rare veggie place in area., Food seemed wholesome enough., Inexpensive.
Cons: A bit on the blander side., Not a warm atmosphere (when I was there)., Location not super-happening.
choogirl
choogirl

Decent veggie option in Vina del Mar

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

This is a nice place that focuses mainly on takeaway foods although you can eat there. They have a large variety of vegan burger patties, although I did not try any.

They also offer a lunch menu. I had the spaghetti with soya bolognese. It was tasty enough but nothing to rave about. I did enjoy their vegan empanadas though.

Pros: Numerous burger options

Dear Owner and Manager of Sanito: