Serves meat, veg options available. Makes its own bread for sandwiches, warm potato chips, sometimes vegetarian soup, morroccan mint tea. Uses farmer's market fresh, organic when possible, locally grown ingredients. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Non-veg
431 W Franklin St (The Courtyard of Chapel Hill, enter on S Roberson)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
919-968-8993

First Review by agentscarlet
jcberger
jcberger

Best sandwiches I've ever had at a restaurant

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

Wonderful, fresh, creative sandwiches in a very lovely restaurant. Vegan options are somewhat limited, but the staff are pretty accommodating. The bread is incredible, and the veggies couldn't be more flavorful. They are great about sourcing flavorful produce.

It's definitely worth a trip! Best sandwiches I've ever had.

Pros: wonderful sandwiches, fresh ingredients, reasonably priced
Cons: lack of vegan options
agentscarlet
agentscarlet

vegetarian-friendly?

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2009

I like the people who own and operate this place, and I think they are really raising the bar for food quality in this town, while educating folks on the importance of local, seasonal ingredients from small artisan producers. What keeps me from eating there is the page-long laminated essay posted out front by the owner, about how she tried to be veg but had to give it up because it's impolite to be picky about your food. Well, that and I can spend more than ten dollars on a lunch that leaves me only half-full. Don't get me wrong: the food tastes great and their sandwich combinations are clever. This is just not the place for me, I guess.

Pros: locally owned, fresh seasonal produce, small portions
Cons: maybe not veg-friendly, limited seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Sandwich: