Serves meat, veg options available. Has 2 specifically vegan dishes: vegan pecan french toast and tofu scramble. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Non-veg
429 W Willoughby Ave
Juneau, Alaska 99801

Mon-Sun 6:00am-2:00pm

First Review by Shauna503

Enjoyed both vegan menu items

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2015

I just spent a few days in Juneau while attending a wedding, and I'm glad I did my homework on HappyCow and found the vegan options listed for Sandpiper Cafe! I tried both the vegan pecan french toast and the tofu scramble, and they were both very tasty. We actually had breakfast there 3 days in a row with family, so I had the french toast twice - it was that good!

I had hoped to sub avocado for sour cream on the tofu scramble, but they only had avocado on hand for one of the daily specials - so they couldn't make the substitution. It would be terrific if the tofu scramble were changed to include avocado instead of sour cream, to make it truly vegan.

The couple of vegan items that are offered are wonderful, and I'm sure other vegans would also love to see another option or 2 on the menu. That said, I appreciate that the menu included a couple specifically vegan options, and if I return to Juneau, I'll definitely make a stop at Sandpiper Cafe!

Pros: 2 tasty vegan options on menu, Great service, Bright, clean, lively atmosphere
Cons: I'd love more vegan options on the menu!

Dear Owner and Manager of Sandpiper Cafe: