Vegetarian cafe with vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
+40753-775-052

First Review by veggieriga
veggieriga
veggieriga

It depends on what you order

3 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2013

I ate here three times. The first time I got lentil soup, sushi and a pineapple, orange drink with ginger. The soup was good. The sushi was very disappointing. They didn't have chopsticks and gave me a fork to eat it with. The sushi on the menu was listed as having avocado, and there was no avocado. The sushi was mostly rice and a sliver of carrot, cucumber and some red pepper. I couldn't eat it with a fork, so I had to use my fingers which was awkward. I feel they should have let me know when I ordered they didn't have the ingredients to make the sushi and suggested I choose something else. I originally asked for orange juice but the waiter suggested the orange, pineapple and ginger drink. When I got it, it appeared not to have any pineapple. The waiter also should have informed me there was no pineapple after going to the kitchen. The raw chocolate cake appeared to be frozen and a part of it had broken off, so they placed another chocolate thing underneath it which I also didn't like.

Despite this I decided to try it again for lunch. When I arrived, I noticed the employees eating the vegetable curry with rice, so I also asked for that. It was good. I again got the orange, pineapple and ginger drink, and that time it had orange and pineapple but no ginger.

For my third time I had the eggplant parmesan. It was much too heavy and oddly enough came with slices of bread without any spread of anything for the bread. I didn't like the dish and again my orange, pineapple drink with ginger had no pineapple. After that I decided not to try it anymore.

Although the menu is extensive; they may not have some ingredients in stock. Also some of the dishes from looking at what other people were eating look sort of the same such as the rice dishes are basically the same. I would recommend the rice dishes as that seems to be their specialty. I also suggest they inform customers if they don't have the ingredients in stock rather than presenting customers with dishes where it is obvious important ingredients are missing.

I found prices to be quite high as Cluj Napoca is a less expensive city than Bucharest yet my food was more expensive than any of the vegetarian restaurants in Bucharest. They also unfortunately do not have lunch specials. The photos on their website also do not resemble the food in the restaurant which is disappointing. On the bright side the design of the restaurant was nice.

Pros: nice design
Cons: expensive, important ingredients might be missing, raw desserts might be frozen

Dear Owner and Manager of Samsara: