CLOSED: Samosa Factory...

Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food menu offering many veg choices, including vegan samosa, roti dry cooked naan style (vegans ask to leave out butter), chana masala, baigan bharta, gobi aloo, dal makhni, veggie kofta curry, and more. House specialty is chutney. Chef is knowledgeable about vegetarian diets. JULY 2014 REPORTED SHUT, CONFIRMED BY ITS WEB MESSAGE. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg
4604 W Sahara Ave Ste 6 (Decatur)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
702-258-9196

Open Mon-Thur 11.30am-3pm, 5-9pm, Fri 11.30am-3pm, 5-10pm, Sat 12-3pm, 5-10pm.

First Review by tinouchka
LadyKD
LadyKD

Wow!!

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2013

My husband and I just are here tonight after finding it on Happy Cow and all we can say is WOW!! It's hard for us as a mixed couple (me veg and hubby carni) to find a restaurant that serves us both with ease and great service!! It may be our new favorite place! Thanks!

Pros: Friendly, Fast, Knowledgeable
Mikemotorbike
Mikemotorbike

Great place to eat!

4 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2012

I met the owner. We talked. He's awesome. The food was awesome as well. Great place to eat!

Pros: Friendly, Delicious, Quick
Freyathrith
Freyathrith
  • non-vegetarian

An Oasis in the Desert

4 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2012

Samosa Factory is our favorite Indian restaurant, and very likely our favorite restaurant, period. We've eaten at dozens of Indian restaurants around the US, and we continue to find Samosa Factory the tastiest, friendliest, and healthiest of the bunch. Every time we travel to Las Vegas to visit family, we drive straight to Samosa Factory for the amazing Butter Chicken, Baby Spinach Curry--and of course, Samosas! And then we come back for the next meal, and the next.....

The hot chai is absolutely the most flavorful we've ever encountered. They even offer a decaf chai if you're there for dinner and don't want to be kept up late.

Some Indian restaurants can leave you feeling queasy after the meal. Not Samosa Factory. We finish our meal feeling energized and revitalized. No doubt that's in large part due to the high-quality ingredients in their food, and the minimal amount of oil, and zero grease used in preparation.

As you can tell, we simply can't say enough positive things about the healthy, delicious food, the gracious service, and the experience overall at Samosa Factory. We could not be happier--Samosa Factory gets our highest recommendation.

Pros: friendly staff, brilliant food, tasty chai!!!

Niffer5000
Niffer5000

So surprised!

4 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2012

I have been scared to try Indian food I admit it. I had been hearing the Vegans singing it's praised for some time so I let my husband talk me into it. I was not disappointed.
Our server was Rick (we later found out he was also the owner) he helped us navagate the menu, I showed interest in a smoothy type beverage that wasn't listed as Vegan and he offered to make it with soy to accommodate me. You don't see that very often! He was so nice and very professional.
The food is delicious!! We started off with the Samosas, I ordered the Aloo Chana and my husband had the Veggie Kofta Curry. I don't know if I'll be able to try anything different, I loved the Aloo Chana that much!
We have decided that the Samosa Factory will be one of our regular date night destinations :)
PS We live in Henderson and will be more then happy to make the drive!!

Pros: Food, Staff, Service
belsandia
belsandia

Super vegan menu with many items!

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2012

We finally went back to Samosa Factory since new owner Rick Aco took over a while back. What we have missed in all the months we did not go earlier! Samosa Factory not only has very light and delicious Indian fare, they also have a huge specific vegan menu now, prompted by Rick's vegan background.

We tried the samosas, baingan bharta, vegetable kofta, and mustard greens. Every single dish was excellent!

Make sure to give Samosa Factory a try, since we believe this is now by far the best vegan Indian food in town!

Pros: great vegan menu, nice atmosphere
Cons: closes 9pm on weekdays
stef42678
stef42678

Delicious Indian Food

3 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2011

This is my new favorite place in Las Vegas to go when I want a unique meal with lots of flavor. My favorite thing about this place is that they have a great listing of vegetarian and vegan dishes on the menu and there is a lot to choose from. My favorite dish is the veggie stir fry, but they also offer samosas with potato and cauliflower as well as curry and other dishes that are all served with a delicious rice. The naan bread tastes great and for dessert they have a dessert samosa or rice pudding. They have lunch specials, and the vegan one is delicious.

rholmes
rholmes

DELICIOUS!!

4 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2010

It was so good. The samosas were fantastic and perfectly crisp. The service was very very friendly and warm. It has a great cozy atmosphere and is well decorated. The dishes were fantastic and very affordable. I will definitely will be going back often.

Pros: atmosphere, food, service
kimberly_83
kimberly_83

delicious food!

4 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2010

My vegetarian boyfriend and I (I'm vegan) went here with his non-veg mom. I had to try Samosa Factory because they have a "vegan" section on their menu. We were apparently the beginning of the dinner rush- there was one other customer when we arrived, but the restaurant was packed by the time we left. The owners were very friendly, very attentive to our needs, and I was even asked if I'm vegan, when I ordered some roti. We all LOVED the food, and can't wait to go back there! I wanted to eat there again while we were in town, but it just didn't work out- there are so many places I want to eat when in Vegas! I can't wait until our next trip there, so we can eat there again!
The food is awesome!

Pros: delicious food!, friendly staff, great selection
takdoyle
takdoyle

Loved it!

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2010

My husband and I dined at Samosa Factory while on a trip to Las Vegas and we enjoyed every bite. The food was clean tasting-not heavy with oil, ghee, or cream. Clear options for vegetarians, vegans, and they are very educated as to what vegetarian and vegans are. The owner was our waiter and he was super friendly and seemed pleased we enjoyed the food so much.

Pros: Excellent food, Vegan options, Friendly, knowledgable staff
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Lots of vegan choices

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2009

We checked out Samosa Factory the day after Christmas while in Vegas and the place was busy when we first got there, but we got a table with no problem. It's in a strip mall next to Vons, so the place isn't too big. The waitress was super nice.

We started with the pakoras since they were out of samosas. They were excellent and came with apple chutney and cilantro mint chutney. Dirk had the channa dal soup as well. We split two entrees for dinner - the aloo chana and the mustard greens along with some roti. Both delicious. I also had a hot chai with soymilk.

Dirk doesn't normally care for Indian food very much, but he really liked it here, so we definitely plan to return next time we are in town. And the menu has the vegan items clearly marked and there were lots of choices. I was thrilled to have so many options without having to ask about the dairy.

Pros: lots of vegan choices, friendly staff, chai with soymilk
syurman
syurman

Fabulous Restaurant

4 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2009

My sister and I are vegans & were lucky to find this dining jewel in the craziness that is Vegas. The owner and his wife run the restaurant in a kind, incredibly friendly, & highly conscious state of mind. The food is of the highest quality, freshest ingredients, with many, varied selections for vegans and vegetarians alike. We felt right at home in this haven and enjoyed learning more about vegan & vegetarian living from the owner who is a valued source of knowledge. The atmosphere was one of kindness and bustling indian spices. I highly recommend the Samosa Factory.

Doninlv
Doninlv

Excellent Vegan Dishes

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2009

The Samosa Factories new menu features the largest list of Vegan dishes of any Indian restaurant in LV. All the dishes are healthy and full of flavor. When in Las Vegas the Samosa Factory is a must!

Pros: QUALITY FOOD, GREAT STAFF, GOOD VALUE
jasonw
jasonw

Wow!

4 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2009

Before this review goes any further, let me say that I think this is some of the best Indian food I have ever had, and I love me some Indian food. I had veggie Vindaloo, which I got medium heat, it was quite hot, but still, the other flavors came through and were delicious. My wife got black lentil dal, and it was fantastic as well. The samosas were fresh made and delicious, as was the pakora. So, having said all that, the food IS TOP NOTCH!

However, our server was.... either completely insane, incredibly rude, a horrible server, or a melange of all three. She argued every food choice we made. I am all for a server pointing out favorites, and I even took her advice, but to try and sway the customer AFTER they have ordered, not so good. She then proceeded to tell us that she has a horrible memory and always forgets what people order. She then proved her theory to be true by forgetting who ordered what, what drinks we had (hint- 2 people had water), etc, etc. We got our food, and as I say, it was unbelievably good. We were looking to get some more basmati for out vindaloo and dal. Our server was across the room, sitting at a table PICKING HER TOE. Hesitant as I was, we asked for more rice. so she brought out what had to be no more than 4 oz of rice. For 4 people. As she gave us the rice, she informed us that she was off work. So, she is done working, didn't have anyone to take over our table.

Normally, this kind of service would make me really mad. But we were all actually quite amused and wondering when the hidden camera was coming out.

But, as I said, the food is first rate. The owner is very nice. to be fair, the server we had wasn't mean or rude, she was just terrible, the kind of terrible where she makes you uncomfortable.

The 4 Cow rating is for the food. I can't rave about it enough, it was that good. Other review I read siad it was bland, they must have had only water and naan. I don't think one wildly eccentric server is a reason to mark down a place.

Pros: delicious food, good portion size, fair prices
Cons: crazy server
duuduu
duuduu

Mediocre

2 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2009

Firstly, the food is not drowned in oil, which is definitely
a plus. The waitress is friendly, albeit a little too friendly for my taste. The restaurant is clean. The food is NOT out of this world. Aside from the minimal oil, i would say it was very average. Almost bland. The Naan was okay, definitely a little on the thin side and the samosa's were had very little flavor. The chutney was probably the best part of the meal. Tasty chutney.

Garry
Garry
  • non-vegetarian

Service above and beyond the call of duty

4 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2009

A friend and I went to the Samosa Factory for a lovely North Indian meal. At the end of the meal we asked the owner to call a taxi so that we could go see a show on the strip. The taxi company said they would be there in 30 minutes, but a taxi failed to arrive after an hour, thereby running us very close to missing our show. The waitress offered her vehicle and the owner drove us straight to the front door of the hotel with only minutes to spare. The service after the meal was above and beyond the call of duty and it matched the service and food in the restaurant.

vegangolfpro
vegangolfpro

Very Nice Place

4 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2009

Went for dinner. We told our server (the owner) that we were vegan while ordering. He made some recommendations and told us what was not vegan and what was. The food was very good, big portions, and very reasonably priced. Our only complaint is that the owner told us to go to Red Velvet (which was horrible). All in all, a really nice place for vegan food.

Pros: Great food, Inexpensive, Nice Staff
celestialstar2004
celestialstar2004

Loved it

4 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2008

The best Indian food I've had in a long time. The 2 young men have started soemthing very nice. They are putting their efforts in good food and working on the rest. A must if you like non-greasy Indian food.

Kathryn
Kathryn

Samosa Factory

4 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2008

Eating dinner at the Samosa Factory was the highlight of a recent trip to Las Vegas. The food was outstanding, the servings ample and the prices very reasonable. My group was treated to sample the different chutneys free of charge.
The owner/server was friendly and knowledgable of the cuisine. The experience was a joyful and satisfying "breaking of bread" for all in my group. I have eaten in many Indian restaurants, and found this cozy haven truly fresh and authentic. A MUST try !

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
the robtica
the robtica

One of the best, if not the best!

4 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2008

I go to Samosa Factory pretty often and I must say, it is one of the best if not the best restaurants in town fr Vegetarian & Vegan foods. I'm a Vegan myself and I can't express how much I love this place. Rick and Koran are awesome, they always give me a great service and never let me down with the suggestions in what to try. If you guys don't know where to eat for dinner, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this restaurant. It is THE ONLY restaurant that I go to and have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER about spending 30 dollars on myself just to eat a meal. It's that good. If you don't believe, try it!

Everything you want in a franchise restaurant that they never give you. Awesome food and awesome service.

Go go go! Tonight!

Pros: DELICIOUS food, EXTREME service, INTENSELY elegant
Cons: NONE, NONE, NONE
fetscher
fetscher

I loved it!

4 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2008

We had supper here after a long bike ride on a very windy day. Maybe it was the fatigue mixed with hunger, but more likely the food really was just that good. The Veggie Kofta Curry was out of this world! The Aloo Baigan was pretty good, too. The staff was nice and service left nothing to be desired. The place was clean and comfortable, and just generally had a nice ambiance. The only way it could improve is if it were to become 100% vegan. I can dream, can't I?

Claude
Claude

Didn't blow me away

2 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2008

Maybe I caught them on a bad night, but I visited this restaurant after reading some of the excellent reviews here. Compared with London curry houses, it's not on a par. The servings were small, we weren't asked how hot we wanted our food, the food was just okay and quite pricey. But the staff seemed nice, the setting decent and there's plenty of choice for vegans and vegetarians.

Pros: good menu, nice setting, vegan options
Cons: expensive, small servings, average taste
susanowen
susanowen

What a Pleasant Surprise!

4 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2008

(Susan) My husband and I found this Indian restaurant on Happy Cow and decided to check it out. The chutneys were super good as were the samosas. We had a black eyed pea and potato something something and a black lentil dal concoction. They were fantabulous! This was hands down some of the best Indian food both of us have ever had...which is saying a lot considering that we live in Berekely where there is an Indian restaurant seemingly on every corner. We wish this restaurant was in our neighborhood.

(Matt) We mentioned to the owner, Rick (who was also our server), that we were vegan and we found the place on happycow.net, and he seemed genuinely pleased. He suggested all of his favorite vegan dishes on the menu and seemed really happy that we liked all our food so much. Our diner didn't leave us feeling bloated or stuffed, somehow these dishes were light and wholesome while being flavorful and unique at the same time. The dal had tomatoes and cilantro and Indian spices, gawd that was a really great dish. Service was fast and polite. Rick seemed to know 1/2 the people in there by name and the place has a very friendly vibe, surprisingly so as compared to the modest storefront appearance of the exterior.

btw- this review is 100% genuine (I always wonder about some of these online reviews, know what I mean?) and I will be telling all my friends who come to Vega$ to rock climb that they ought to eat here at least once on their trip.

Pros: great food, clean, friendly service
PTzero
PTzero

Fantastic Food, Fantastic Service!

4 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2008

This restaurant is fantastic. The food was great and the service spectacular. The location is a little off the strip but it's well worth making the trip out there. The samosas are delicious with a wonderful thinner crust than you get at most places.

The owner, Rick, is very friendly and an awesome guy. My friend and I called a taxi to take us back to the strip after lunch but the driver never showed up. We called the taxi company again to complain and waited some more with still no driver showing up. Rick took time out from his busy schedule and drove us back to our hotel personally. Now THAT's what I call service! Thanks, Rick.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Service that goes the extra mile
Cons: Location
Jojoanna
Jojoanna

Life saver in Las Vegas

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2007

This restaurant was such a life saver! Finding decent food without the dreaded "salad" comment was very difficult but the Samosa Factory staff was knowledgeable and willing to help. The main chef in the restaurant actually showed me a rough draft of the entire vegan menu they will be carrying! Not only were they great service wise but the food was also delicious! The next time I am in Las Vegas I will eat there again. Would recommend this restaurant to any one I know!!!

Pros: Vegan friendly, Great food, knowledgable staff
Cons: off the strip
xtimestablex
xtimestablex

Indian-American fusion cuisine at its finest

4 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2007

Rick was more than helpful to reacquaint me with the vegan options. I was more than excited to try out a new options this time around. I went with the vegetable samosas and a new dish to me, veggie kofta curry. Both were filling dishes yet at the same time the chutneys there set them apart from all the rest. I would highly recommend that if you're in town that you stop by and treat yourself out to vegan deliciousness.

tivicko
tivicko

really great

4 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2007

the owner and his wife were nice and great to us from the start!
deffinatly knew what a vegan was, and must i say the food is great!
you have to ask him how spicy you want you food.
If your visiting town, you should try this place out!

tinouchka
tinouchka

yummy!

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2007

I love indian food and I have tried many in my life and this one is right on top of the list as one of the best!
They have a vegetarian/vegan friendly menu and the owners are very friendly and will answer any of your question. You have to mention if you want your food spicy as it comes medium. The samosa's are great and so are the channa masala.
They close a little early but the owner told me they are gonna change their hours soon and stay open later. The only thing missing... A wine list!

Pros: food , friendly owners
Cons: no wine

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Samosa Factory Indian Cuisine: