Serves meat, veg options available. Offers some vegetarian options which are marked on menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
801 Caroline St
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401
540-371-2008

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by mjtindall
MichaelKlein
MichaelKlein

Sammy T's a good choice

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

Fun place on Caroline Street in Old Town Fredericksburg. Has nice ambiance, folksy farm art on the walls. Several good salad choices, at least 2 vegan soups on the menu, black bean burger and falafel are both deep fried, but taste good. Great neighborhood restaurant/bar type ambiance. Mostly booths that can fit 2 or 4 comfortably. I will definitely go again...

Pros: Extensive vegan/vegetarian menu, Comfortable and affordable, Beer and wine/full bar available
Cons: Deep fried foods
Peytona Waddy
Peytona Waddy

"Slow" Service??? What's Your Hurry?

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2012

Nothing new to add to the already-four-star reviews except to comment on 2 things: The service ain't slow, people. You're just in the south. Those of us who are from the south don't experience this as "slow" service. We are used to the heat and realize this is how we all move when it's hot. Rushing around just ain't gonna cut it.
And the second thing is, much as I love Sammy T's vegan selections, it's always so crowded inside that I love to eat outside when the weather permits to avoid the noisy chatter inside. plus i get to absorb the downtown ambience and people-watch whenever I can. However, I can't believe no one mentioned how dirty those outside metal cafe tables are! There are no tablecloths for them, just those typical metal tables with holes the same size as chicken wire where food and drink spills are all over it. is it possible they don't wash these things?? last time i was there, i was completely grossed out by it and i vowed to bring my own tablecloth the next time.
Better yet, I'm just gonna write a nice letter to the owner/manager about this because it's just a shame that this is the only complaint - and a glaring one at that! - that i have. if it weren't for this, i'd give it 5 cows...

Pros: Entire section of Yummy Vegan Selections, Very Friendly & Conscientious Waitstaff, Healthy Cuisine, Ample Portions
Cons: Noisy Inside, Dirty Cafe Tables Outside
Brew99
Brew99

Pleasant Vegan Options

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

We have been here a few times and each time found the same experience. The staff is a bit slow but they are friendly. There is a separate section for vegetarian/vegan options but nothing special. We have never seen anything in the specials section that is vegan. We did find the prices are really high considering there are no sides, everything is ala carte. We found the meals to be bland and just okay but hey, they do have vegan options!

Pros: Vegan Options, Gorgeous Downtown Location, Friendly Staff
Cons: Slow Staff, A bit Pricey, No side dishes

Rolandmh
Rolandmh
  • raw

Local F'Burg Vegetarian option

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2012

Sammy T's has numerous vegetarian and vegan options and the quality is good. They staff if friendly but not overly knowledgeable.

Pros: Good Food, Veg/vegan options
VeganET
VeganET

Nothing Special

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2011

I like the relazed atmosphere here and it's a cool place to grab a beer/coffee and chill. But it's not exactly a vegan Meca. Their vegan options are typical: Veggie burger, hummus, salad, tofu. The food was okay but nothing unique or special.

lovinforkful
lovinforkful

LOVE!

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2011

This is my favorite restaurant in Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania. I'm the only vegan in my family so when going out to eat, this is everyone's first choice as a restaurant that will provide everyone with a delicious meal. No boring salads for me! I've never had anything I don't love, and neither has anyone I know. The service isn't always quick, no, but staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and I'm usually too busy talking with my party to notice slow service - great atmosphere. Great selection of vegan menu items, oftentimes vegan specials, and even vegan dessert! Do not miss this restaurant, vegan or not. 5 STARS! (Can only give 4 because the restaurant isn't completely veg.)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good price
dandeliong
dandeliong

Excellent options

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2011

I've lived in Fredericksburg for 4 years at this point and regularly make my way to Sammy T's when I'm in need of some good vegan/veg food. I have my favorites, but appreciate that they always have veg-friendly specials to try. Their homemade lentil burger with lemon tahini sauce is delish and a big portion. Paired with a half-basket of fries or sweet potato fries and I'm in heaven. Service is slow, but friendly and the dining room has a quirky charm. Also offer local wines and beers, which is nice.

Pros: Great food, Daily specials, Lots of options
Cons: Slow service
Guest
Guest

Haven't Eaten There in Years but....

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2010

I used to eat at Sammy T's often back in the 80's. My dining experiences were always satisfying. I am not vegetarian/vegan and found their menu to have an excellent mixture of fare that will cover everyone from vegan to a complete carnivore. I had occasion to sample selections from all sections of the menu and do recommend their homemade veggie burgers if they still make them. I very rarely eat at restaurants anymore for various reasons but if I was in "Old Town Fredericksburg" and Sammy T's is open and I am hungry I would not hesitate to eat there. Excellent atmosphere and excellent very friendly staff.

cherishhorton
cherishhorton

Great place, relazed environment

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2009

I have been going to Sammy T's for years and never had a bad meal. Nice selection of both veg and vegan options, helpful staff and relaxed environment to enjoy your meal.

pschvix
pschvix

Great selection, crappy service

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2009

Wonderful mix of vegan, vegetarian, and omnivore dishes. All sandwiches are served alone, so you have to get fries or chips a la carte if you desire and make sure to split them--it's a big basket! Favorites: black bean cakes, the Jordan, and the avocado melt. While the food is great, the service sucks. Everytime I've been there, the waitresses have taken forever and it feels like they condescend to wait on you. But who cares, a menu full of delicious vegan/vegetarian options compensates and the vibe is fun! Bowls of water are provided outdoors for anyone who brings their dog and sits under the awning. Bar has copious local beers to choose from.

stephanie
stephanie

Sammy T's Rocks

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2008

I have been a Sammy T's regular for about 8 years and I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal there. Everything there is tasty and since it serves both vegetarian and none vegetarian meals it keeps everyone happy. If you don't know what get I recommend the lentil burger and half basket of fries-super basic and super good! Plus they have a seperate dinning room for smokers and non-smokers so whatever your prefences it that respect you will find what you want!

Pros: Lots of Choices, Good Food, Nice sized portions
Cons: no vegan deserts, uncomfortable seats
mjtindall
mjtindall

A Great Vegan/Vegetarian Eatery!

Posted on 02 / 29 / 2008

Sammy T's was actually the first vegan friendly restaurant I have been too since becoming a vegan and it was a great experience! The menu is clearly marked as to which items are vegan or vegetarian. I had the black bean cakes and hummus dip. Both were delicious. Great atmosphere.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
Cons: smokers

Dear Owner and Manager of Sammy T's: