Serves meat, veg options available. Offers an extensive vegan menu including chimichangas, burritos, flautas, enchiladas, tortas, tacos, sopes, and salads. Has Daiya cheese. Full bar. Has a location in Santa Cruz. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg
Now Open

Mon-Thu 8:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-11:00pm, Sun 8:00am-10:00pm

First Review by corinal
BouncyHouseVegan
BouncyHouseVegan

My go to restaurant for Mexican food cravings

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2016

The fact that Salsa's Taco Bar has a dedicated 13 item Vegan menu which is prominently displayed not only on the menu board but also on the takeout menus is fantastic! I am so glad to see a restaurant so close to my home with so many vegan offerings.

While this restaurant does serve meat, they've never gotten my vegan order wrong.

I like the Vegan Fajita Chimichanga but fried foods aren't really my favorite, I do however absolutely LOVE their Vegan Enchilada Suiza, I savored every bite. Will definitely be ordering one of those again.

Pros: Drive Through, Dine In, Outdoor/Indoor, Dedicated 13 item Vegan Menu, Delicious food in good portions
Cons: Serves meat, Small bags of chips
SaraRooskie
SaraRooskie

awesome vegan options

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2016

Awesome that they have a whole vegan menu including tofutti sour cream and daiya cheese. :)

Pros: vegan menu, vegan cheese and sour cream, friendly staff
Cons: not fully vegan or vegetarian , often crowded , don't always get orders 100% correct
summersun15
summersun15

Good Find

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2014

We were really happy to cone across this place on our way out of Santa Cruz. I think the address may be 85, not 95, but we didn't have trouble finding it. It's right off 17. Mexican food trends to be pretty vegan friendly anyway, but I appreciate the fact that there was a whole labeled began menu. I got the vegan burrito which I really liked. Lots of veggies, not just the standard rice and beans. Friendly staff. Casual setting.

Pros: Easy to get to from Highway 17, Extensive, labeled vegan options, Friendly staff
Cons: Serves meat

corinal
corinal

Oddly amazing

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

It a sportsbar-ish fastfood restaurant in very small town, which is why it was so surprising to walk in and find a large vegan menu on the board behind the counter and on the menus!

We had the enchiladas suiza, which were excellent - I really enjoyed the beans and rice that went with it and the suiza sauce was good. It came with a little side salad similar to pico de gallo and that was nice too. Free chips and salsa with a salsa bar - I always love that. The chips were good, but the salsa not so much, though I only tried two of them (aguacate and fresh salsa). We also had a chimichanga because I miss them so much, but it was a bit greasy so we probably should have just ordered the burrito, which was the same thing, but not deep fried.

Large portions, good service, fun atmosphere, and nice and shaded and cool as a refuge from the hot sun after a long drive.

Pros: Large vegan menu, Big portions, Friendly staff
Cons: Salsa could be better, Chimichanga too oily

Dear Owner and Manager of Salsa's Taco Bar: