Serves meat, veg options available. Casual Mexican food eatery and cantina. Offers a separate vegan menu with dishes like vegan tacos, spinach enchiladas, flautas, burrito, chimichanga, sope, and taco salad. Fresh salsa bar. Separate fryer for vegan food. ATM on the premises. The owners will assist you with your order. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

Conniemm
Conniemm

We love Salsa's

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2015

We had lunch at Salsa's yesterday and as usual, it did not disappoint.

I had their Vegan Burrito which was huge and full of sauteed veggies. My son had the simple burrito which was also great.

I was surprised to learn that they had a separate fryer for cooking their chips. I had never thought about how chips were cooked at taquerias and think it's pretty cool that they even do this separately.

Pros: Huge vegan menu, Friendly counter person, Delicious food
Cons: Small-limited seating, No salsa fresca (lots of other choices)
robivore
robivore
  • herbivore

Really nice vegan food

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

Finally, Spanish rice without chicken stock!

The salsa bar is extensive with a lot of hot options, and there is a nice selection of vegan options.

I had a quick chat with one of the cooks and they said they even have separate friers for the vegan stuff. Awesome.

The staff was very nice, and the food was excellent.

We'll be going there often.

Pros: Separate food prep areas, Good selection, Hot salsas!
Cons: Small place (to go might be better)
H
H

Nice lil vegan menu - pretty tasty, hefty portions

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

Stopped by while on a bike ride around town, had the vegan burrito. It was big, tasty, loaded with veggies, topped with guac, and was actually pretty tasty. I'm not a fan of Mexican food in the States, but it was good. They also have a salsa bar with lots of different types to throw on your food. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Pros: Portions, Tasty

moretofuplease
moretofuplease

Vegan Mexican? Yes!!

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

Seemed too good to be true -- a long list of vegan options on the menu, so I had to ask, "When it says cheese and sour cream on the enchiladas, is it dairy-free?" Yes, I was assured, and so my wife had the spinach enchiladas and I tried a chimichanga with black beans and fajita veggies (red and green peppers, onions). Had chips and a variety of salsas while we waited -- the salsa bar included photos and list of ingredients for each of the six salsa options, letting you know which were hot or mild. Small seating area, got pretty cold in there until someone finally closed the front door, but the food was hot and tasty, would try it again. Thumbs up!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Well-labeled salsa bar, Friendly service
Cons: Tight quarters, Noisy

Dear Owner and Manager of Salsa's Taco Bar: