Salam Bombay Vegetarian...

Indian vegetarian restaurant with plenty of vegan options. Serves vada pav, pav bhaji, maharaja thali and fried ice cream, among others. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Take-out, Delivery
Electra Street (/Near Honda Showroom)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Hotfuzzy69
Hotfuzzy69

Vegan korma - yay!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

This was my favourite Indian restaurant that I visited in Abu Dhabi! The thing that did it for me was the vegan korma made with cashew nut cream, I haven't had korma since I've been vegan, so I was very excited about this! I had it with the vegetable pilau rice as well, which was lovely. The decor was nice, more upmarket than the other indian restaurants in the city. There was space to sit outside, but we weren't able to, I think it was shut during the summer because of the heat. The staff were friendly and helpful, but vegans beware, you have to say no ghee or paneer (use those words exactly!) The first time I visited, I said no cheese and got paneer in my dish! Every other time was fine! :)

Pros: Cashew Nut Korma, Friendly staff
Cons: It's not vegan
Redraver77
Redraver77

Good clean Indian veggie place - family friendly

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

Nice clean, Indian veggie place. Good variety of options, but a little bland. Perhaps we should have asked for spicy. We tried a few diff things n Chinese noodles were more a spicy spaghetti - too thick to be noodles. On the whole a good experience, clean n friendly place.

Pros: Clean, friendly, Good variety of food, Popular with local families
Cons: Food could have been spicier, Noodles v thick more like a fat spaghetti :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Salam Bombay Vegetarian Restaurant: