Salam Bombay Vegetarian Res...

Indian vegetarian restaurant with plenty of vegan options. Serves vada pav, pav bhaji, maharaja thali and fried ice cream, among others. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Delivery, Take-out
Electra Street (/Near Honda Showroom)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Now Open

Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:30pm

• Reservations required

First Review by Redraver77

Solid vegan options, great for vegetarians

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2015

Had a fantastic outdoor meal here in October. Price: inexpensive. No one was hungry afterwards, but in a good way. When we asked for an ashtray, they had none (healthy!) but still brought out a tiny plastic kiddie-pool for the butts to enjoy during our leisurely meal; very obliging and attentive service, even during relatively busy hours. I would order the assorted appetizer plate with roast baby corn and mushroom caps instead of paneer when I visit again. We Jain-ified our meal and asked for everything non-dairy, and my favorite dish, palak paneer, still held up despite the substitution of potato for paneer.

Other suggested dishes include their panipuri appetizers (comes with 6) and their bhindi masala. Salam Bombay serves North and South Indian cuisine, so you can get your dosa here too if you’d like. They have several vegan desserts— just ask to see what they have fresh that day!

Pros: inexpensive, outdoor seating, vegan dessert and meal options (Jain)

Vegan korma - yay!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

This was my favourite Indian restaurant that I visited in Abu Dhabi! The thing that did it for me was the vegan korma made with cashew nut cream, I haven't had korma since I've been vegan, so I was very excited about this! I had it with the vegetable pilau rice as well, which was lovely. The decor was nice, more upmarket than the other indian restaurants in the city. There was space to sit outside, but we weren't able to, I think it was shut during the summer because of the heat. The staff were friendly and helpful, but vegans beware, you have to say no ghee or paneer (use those words exactly!) The first time I visited, I said no cheese and got paneer in my dish! Every other time was fine! :)

Pros: Cashew Nut Korma, Friendly staff
Cons: It's not vegan

Good clean Indian veggie place - family friendly

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

Nice clean, Indian veggie place. Good variety of options, but a little bland. Perhaps we should have asked for spicy. We tried a few diff things n Chinese noodles were more a spicy spaghetti - too thick to be noodles. On the whole a good experience, clean n friendly place.

Pros: Clean, friendly, Good variety of food, Popular with local families
Cons: Food could have been spicier, Noodles v thick more like a fat spaghetti :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Salam Bombay Vegetarian Restaurant: