Serves meat, veg options available. A takeaway restaurant offering several choices for vegans, including a crispy tofu side dish. Located 100 yards from Headingley stadium and near Hyde Park. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
21 North Lane, Headingley
Leeds, England

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Clafoutis

vegans be warned - make sure you order by phone

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2015

I ordered some veggie dishes from Sakura on Just Eat and in the 'allergy or special requests' box requested that no egg or dairy ingredients be used. Unfortunately my noodles arrived full of fried egg. They did send me some replacement noodles but this shows they don't always check the special request box, so if you are a fellow vegan, I recommend calling them to make sure.
I have previously greatly enjoyed the salt and pepper beancurd, very fattening and very delicious!

Pros: Tasty food, Not too expensive, Polite staff
Cons: Don't always follow vegan requests

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

Sakura is delicious! The crispy tofu side dish with sweet chili sauce is my favourite, and the black bean tofu with green peppers is extremely flavourful and fresh. The owners are very friendly, happy to provide cutlery should you choose to picnic in nearby Hyde Park, and are also happy for you to order and eat in the takeaway itself. Yummy, affordable food.

Pros: Crispy tofu, Affordable, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Sakura: