My wife and I stayed at 5 elements resort/hotel for three nights during our honeymoon in April 2015, and ate at the Sakti dining room for each meal.
The food was absolutely fantastic. I'm normally quite skeptical of raw cuisine, as I really enjoy cooked vegan food. However, the all the food, including the raw food at the sakti dining room was fantastic. The raw food worked particularly well for lunch due to the warm temperature outside.
Some particular highlights:
- The tofu here is made from cashew and coconut. It tastes incredibly rich and creamy.
- Lots of cashew cheese dishes (e.g. bruschetta). All wonderful.
- Salads come with delicious coconut based dressings with indonesian spices
- Delicious cooked dinners including nassi lemak (fried rice with tempeh), laksa (coconut noodle curry), thai green curries.
- Delicious cooked soups including south indian daal and thai coconut mushroom.
Breakfasts were fantastic also, featuring a smoothie/juice, a fruit bowl with delicious coconut yoghurt, and then a main dish (e.g porridge, muesli, hashbrowns with mushrooms, pancakes or nassi lemak).
The only downside to this restaurant, and it is a big one, is that it is not vegan. Many of the dishes, and all of the desserts except one, include honey. If you follow a vegan diet, it is necessary to ask for honey to be removed or for them to make a special dessert for you.
The staff were incredibly courteous and friendly and were very accomodating of my request to have meals without honey. Despite it incorrectly calling itself a vegan restaurant, I'm happy to give this place 5 cows.
Cons: Many desserts contain honey