Saina Vegetarian Japanese

Small, family-run eatery near Concord Bart station. Offers a large selection of vegan food including hangetsu (portobello tempura), gyoza, tofu custard, nabe (vegan sukiyaki), and sushi rolls. Signature Saina Roll is made with avocado, yam & carrots, fried tempura-style and served with a sweet sauce. Prices inexpensive to moderate. Owners are Buddhist. Closed Tue. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Japanese, Take-out

First Review by 4happyveggies
amped
amped

Saina was stellar!

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

Tried Saina for the first time this weekend. Quite possibly my new favorite restaurant. Veggies and sushi were all fresh and tasty. Could use a little music, but no biggie - enjoyed the time chatting with our friends. Tried the Daikon salad, Vegan pot stickers, fried portabella, and a lot of sushi rolls - all were amazing.

Pros: Easy parking, Great Menu & Staff, Clean Restaurant
Cons: Need to clarify Vegan vs Vegetarian, Could play a little music / ambience
annice
annice

Good food. good price

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

Four of us had lunch here while visiting in the area. The portions were large, the food was tasty and fresh and the prices were very reasonable. The service was also good. I would definitely eat here again when we're in the East Bay area.

Pros: large portions, tasty food, reasonable prices
evelyn36
evelyn36

Delicious japanese vegan dishes.

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

All dishes cooked by 100% vegan, even broth, sauces, dressings are all ancient Japanese vegan ingredients. They told me they never use anything from animal like milk, honey and egg, fish etc.

schulz44
schulz44

Vegan Sushi That Tastes Great

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

Amazing variety of vegan rolls and nigiri style sushi. Chef does a great job. Love this place. Small and casual storefront location but big on taste. Highly recommend!

Pros: Variety, No Fake Meats
Cons: Small

eomski
eomski

Always Fresh and Tasty

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

Love this place. Friendly, tasty, veggies are always fresh. The decor needs a lot of help, and my only other complaint is the ice cream which is not vegan.

Pros: fresh veggies, friendly, yummy food
Cons: ice cream is not vegan, decor needs help, needs more rice dishes
SamanthaDiane
SamanthaDiane

Can't wait to go again!

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2013

I attended a meetup here (7 of us) and they were very accommodating and wonderful. They have a huge menu, so hard to pick what to eat! It reminded me a lot of Cha-Ya in Berkeley and SF. I had the Saina roll, it was delicious. AND they have vegan desserts! Chocolate mousse cake, heck yes! It was delicious. Totally reasonable prices too. It is very small, but at 7pm on a Friday night it was not crowded at all. I hope it doesn't stay this way, I would much prefer to see them crowded and busy. Let's help keep this place open!

Pros: Affordable, Lots of choices, Delicious
Cons: Small
rose_petalz
rose_petalz

All vegan menu! yes!

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

No fake meats. Fresh veggies. Everything is delicious. Miso soup comes with your meal even if you order just sushi. Can't wait to try everything on the menu.

Pros: all vegan, fresh veggies
Cons: small
reachingformilo
reachingformilo

Excellent Food And Service

5 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed every dish suggested to me by Emma. So tasty! And such friendly service and beautiful presentation!

Pros: Excellent Food , Friendly Service, Beautiful Presentation
4happyveggies
4happyveggies

What???It's not vegetarian???

5 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2013

Amazing food, very reasonable and soooo yummy.
Our family of 4 really enjoy the awesome display, the tasty food and the presentations of the food.
The service was very friendly and attentive.
Part of us wanted to keep this little place as our secret, but part of us wanted to share with everyone this little gem of a vegetarian sushi restaurant.
Thank you Emma for introducing us to all the dishes.
We can't wait to return.
I would gladly give it 6 happy cows, unfortunately, there are only 5 cows on the review.

Pros: very yummy food, great presentations of the food, great service, and good price
Cons: nothing, nothing, nothing

Dear Owner and Manager of Saina Vegetarian Japanese: