Edmonton's first vegan food truck. Begins operating MAY 2013 late nights behind the Wunderbar; will also be at various festivals and markets throughout the season. On the menu are burritos, sandwiches, and sides. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by Petesternz
Daveggie
Daveggie

Super Good

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

I finally had a chance to try the food and I am glad I did. The Rueben was excellent and The service was friendly. I hope to see them again soon!!

Pros: All Vegan!, Seitan, Delicious
Cons: No permanent location
Annabel09
Annabel09

Oh. My. Gosh.

5 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

This place is ah-ma-zing. Seriously. if you have never tried it, go there now!

Vegan reubens, vegan BLT's, chipotle-slathered burritos, tacos, corn dogs and chili cheese fries, all your comfort foods now exist in vegan form, are you drooling yet? I am also a huge fan of the random pop-ups they do, recently they had one with vegan coconut-battered french toast, mmmm! The prices are also very reasonable considering the hefty portion you get, seriously, their chili cheese fries are basically an entree on its own.

Pros: Price, Quality, Service
Cons: limited hours
NicoleBlatzManeschyn
NicoleBlatzManeschyn

Best Vegan Food I've had

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

My non-vegan family members kept stealing my food the first time I grabbed something from this truck. Every item we had was delicious. I just wish they were more easily accessible - they seem to only service one or two farmers markets and the late night bar crowd on Whyte Ave.

Pros: Amazing food, Reasonable prices
Cons: Tough to find, Long line ups

MichaelKalmanovitch
MichaelKalmanovitch

One of the Best Treats of Summer - Sailin' On

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2014

These guys operate out of the Food Truck and because it is not conducive to have a food truck during the winter in Edmonton it is usually only a summer treat (though they sometimes do some gigs throughout the winter months).
Everything I have eaten from their menu has been of excellent quality and at good price - even better if you take your own container to get your take away (they give a discount).
They really introduced the toasted coconut chip 'bacon' to the Edmonton community which really made their BLT wrap top notch. In the winter of 2014 they will be offering this at Earth's General Store as a retail product.
Look out for them and enjoy. (take your own container)

Pros: Delcious, Reasonable price
Cons: Mostly summer
Kendell_94
Kendell_94

Love this Food Truck!

5 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

Amazing vegan food!! Absolutely LOVE the BLT wrap (which can be made GF!) And the Irish fries (with a delicious curry sauce and daiya and more other things that I can't explain) are delightful! Have loved everything that me and my boyfriend have ordered except I wasn't crazy about the drunken chicken (very tofu-y/bready and I felt lacked flavour).

They definitely cater to the punk crowd which is unfortunate if you're not apart of that crowd because sometimes you miss out on the opportunity to enjoy their deliciousness.

The variety, taste and quality of the food is amazing (especially for a food truck)... blows some other veg places in the city out of the water! A must try for any veg/vegan.

Pros: Unreal taste & flavour! , Lots of options. ALL VEGAN! , Reasonably healthy for street food.
Cons: You never know where they are. , Some items are expensive for the portion, Seasonal.
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Yay!

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

I was insanely stoked on finding a vegan corn dog. I've been craving them for years and finally someone has made one! I wasn't sold on the curry fries but the chili fries were huge. My husband ate them as a meal and he usually out eats me and my son combined. This place rules, Garrett and Mike are nice dudes and there food is the perfect greasy heaven. The hours are weird because its a truck and they aren't always in the same place but if you see them forsure check it out!

Pros: Reasonable prices, Vegan donuts, Vegan corndogs
Cons: No set location, No set hours, Sometimes out of stuff
Jayclassic88
Jayclassic88

A good find.

2 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2013

I've tried everything on the menu and theres good and bad, and bland. Not very healthy.

Drunken Chicken - My favourite item its similar to a vietnamese sub. A tiny bit spicy and an excellent sauce.

Reuban - Hated it, I hear a lot of people loved it but I personally wanted to puke.

BLT - Delicious but very very rich and oily. I had to pull out some of the bacon because it was too rich. Definitely worth a try though.

Burrito - The most blandest thing I've ever had in my life. Wheres the rice? Wheres the guacamole? That would liven it up superbly. Its basically smeared bean paste and some salsa.

Corn Dog - Good but the soy wiener I find is bland and ketchup/mustard is a must

Sailin On does have some decent food to offer but be careful. I think if they don't upgrade the flavor on some of their items then their gonna lose customers.

Pros: All Vegan, Cool Crew, Excellent when your in a pinch.
Cons: Lots of Soy, Lots of Deepfrying, Some Bland items.
Petesternz
Petesternz

Worth finding!

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

Can't believe I'm the first to review this place. Oh well! Let's get it started. It's pretty awesome. The fake bacon wrap is one of the most original vegan dishes I've had in years. And yummy to boot. The Reuben sandwich was not as "otherworldly", but still a solid find. My only negative was the curry fries. I understand some people love them, but I found the curry sauce really overbearing (not in a spicy way) and I wasn't interested.

Overall, an amazing addition to the Edmonton scene. Hours are a bit variable, so check their Twitter site for location... Prices are super reasonable, and owners are friendly. Big portions too!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Sailin' On - Food Truck: