Serves meat, veg options available. Busy Vietnamese food place. Menu is meat-based but does include a vegetable pho. You could also get rice and noodle dishes made vegan upon request. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vietnamese, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

trematode
trematode

First time's a charm

4 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2013

Saigon Kitchen was in a guide put out by Farm Sanctuary which contained restaurants they recommended. We had to check this out while on vacation in August.

This was my first time having Vietnamese food. I chose the Summer Rolls to start and my boyfriend had vegetable spring rolls. My boyfriend said his spring rolls were the best he's ever had.

I went for something authentic for my entree... I chose the vegan pho. I was given a plant of fresh bean sprouts, basil and lime. When the soup came out, the bowl was the size of my head. It was the first time in a long time that I could not finish a meal in a restaurant. if I had ordered that soup in Canada, I would expect to pay so much more for it.

My boyfriend really enjoyed his tofu dish.

The server was great, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was nice. It's worth visiting if you're a vegan in Ithaca.

Pros: inexpensive, pleasant atmosphere, delicious food

Dear Owner and Manager of Saigon Kitchen: