Serves meat, veg options available. Has some vegetarian dishes, including water-based vegetarian soup,stir fried rice noodles w/vegetables, fried rice with or without egg, curries, and more. Vegan options upon request. Low sodium options available. Price: Moderate more-less
Vietnamese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1098 Elmwood Ave
Buffalo, New York 14122
716-883-1252

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jdame
Zeeveg
Zeeveg

Great dining experience

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2010

I am a vegan who is also gluten intolerant and allergic to peanuts and tree nuts so dining out always presents some challenges. I must say that Saigon Cafe met all my needs and provided us with a delicious meal and a very pleasant dining experience. First off, they have a vegetarian menu, most of which is vegan and served with rice or rice noodles so also gluten free. You need only ask and they will let you know what is vegan or can be veganized.They are extremely accomodating to those with food allergies. When I saw that peanut sauce was served with the veg spring rolls I informed them of my nut allergy. The server then brought out not one but two alternate nut free sauces for me to try, both of which were delicious.I would say, however, that if you have a peanut allergy to ask about the ingredients when ordering since many of the Thai entrees contain peanut based sauces. I highly recommend the green curry, a mixture of green veggies in a vegan coconut milk based sauce. Also,great location, near Buffalo State College in the heart of a trendy business section. They also have a small amount of outdoor seating. We will definitely be repeat customers.

Pros: many vegan options, Healthy, Well versed on food allergies
vegananon
vegananon

Saigon Cafe

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2010

Always so delicious! The Tofu Pad Thai has fish sauce in it, but almost all of the other vegetarian dishes are vegan! The coconut curry is GREAT!

Pros: Vegan Options, Quick, Great Neighborhood
Cons: Kind of Dirty, No Vegan Dessert!
Amy99
Amy99

Decent place

Posted on 03 / 27 / 2009

I think the food here is fine. I've been here twice and certainly never got sick--I even enjoyed my food. I'd recommend the place.

jdame
jdame

So So Place

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2008

Food upset my stomach a bit. The wait staff was friendly. Overall I would give this place just a moderate rating and I won't be going back.

Pros: Friendly
Cons: Quality, Taste

Dear Owner and Manager of Saigon Cafe: