Large menu with lots of vegan options. Buffet is 50rmb and has a few vegan options as well. Be sure to explain no paneer, no yoghurt, no milk, etc. Indian staff speaks English. Free Wi-fi. Located on the 3rd floor of Gitic Commercial Center. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet
Huangtian Zhi Jie, Lujing Road, Yue Xiu District (Xiaobei Metro Stop)
Guangzhou, China
020-83496911

Mon-Sun 8:30am-12:00am

First Review by Jrosworld
Jrosworld
Jrosworld

Ok food, abysmal service

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2014

Don't expect to be greeted with open arms when you come here.

The shopping mall itself is located in a minority-dominated area, and didn't feel the safest. Half the people around here looked at you like they would mug you of they got the chance.

It's also poignant for this website, that just outside the shopping mall, dead sheep were being carved-up, and the meat sold at the side of the road.

Once you do make it into the shopping mall and figure-out how to get up to the third floor, you'll see Sai Sagar next to the lift. But don't expect an especially warm greeting.

Despite only being four other customers, my welcome was non-existent. I had to get a menu for myself from the counter. I sat there reading it for a while, and still got no service. So eventually I went up to the counter, and the guy sat behind it seemed a little bothered that I was interrupting the movie he was watching in his phone.

I opted for the ¥50 buffet, the food of which was ok. Although not wanting to stuff myself full I didn't even feel that this represented very good value.

The service did pick-up a little after I was eating as I was brought poppadoms and nan breads. But any goodwill was undone by having to deal with the guy behind the counter again to pay.

If you're unquenchably hungry and need an all you can eat buffet and don't care about service, then I suppose that this place could satisfy you. If you're looking for somewhere pleasant to spend an evening, steer clear of this restaurant and this area. I didn't especially enjoy my visit.

Pros: Food was ok
Cons: Service was abysmal, Not located in a good area

Dear Owner and Manager of Sai Sagar Pure Veg: