Vegan restaurant operating since Dec 1999. Menu is all vegan, mostly organic, includes a raw food menu in addition to a kids menu. Nightly specials and changing themes. Re-opened Dec 2013 after move to this location. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, International, American, Beer/Wine, Catering

First Review by Deano
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Fit for a sage.

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

These guys were great. It's sort of a cross between a diner and a bit more upscale eatery - in food selection, ambiance and price.

Everything tasted fantastic and they were easy about looking after the kids with some ad-hoc dishes too.

The staff all presented as a bit counter-cultural which was a refreshment in SLC! On leaving we lamented that our SLC stay was so short and that we'd not get a chance to return.

Pros: All vegan, Great taste, Ambiance
Cons: A tad pricey.
drees2014
drees2014

Awesome Vegan Place in SLC

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

I had the Philly and it was sooooo good!!! The inside is really done up nice like a modern diner. The staff are also very friendly. Everything on the menu looked so good!!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Tasty Food
robpaterson
robpaterson

Great Food, Nice Atmosphere

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

The food here is pretty good, although some dishes seems a little more tasty than others. I had the Alfredo Linguini, and it was pretty good, but I wouldn't get it again. The breakfast sausage side was actually excellent, and I would definitely get that again. Overall, it's a fine place for vegans to eat in the Salt Lake City area, but it might take a few times to figure out which dishes are your favorites.

Pros: Great Food, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Slightly Diner like, Some dishes bland

Oliveyou
Oliveyou

lacks pizzazz

3 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

Sage's Cafe has mediocre food and a boring atmosphere. The server was completely unfriendly and there were ants hanging out at our table. This is not fine dining, it is more like a diner.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 30, 2014

Pros: organic, lots of variety
Cons: unfriendly server, like a diner with no character
minrathous
minrathous

Amazing

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

I was here in 2013. This is a more of a fine dining restaurant, not casual, so it should be a given that it'll be more expensive and with smaller portions than casual places. The tiramisu I had was a standout, and the appetizer I got (bruschetta, I think) and the red wine were also delicious.

Pros: all vegan, excellent food, nice vibe
KC Conder
KC Conder

Overpriced and not much to fill your plate

2 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2014

Be prepared to overpay for some fancy frilly salad. You will walk away wondering what you just paid for. Not to mention the pretentious demeanor of some of the employees and the chef. I would not recommend Sage's...no thanks!

Pros: vegan
Cons: overpriced, frilly salad with nothing filling, self righteous atmosphere
Vegetarian1994
Vegetarian1994

Great experience!

4 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2014

My husband, son and I recently visited Sage and each enjoyed our meal. The menu has pretty good variety, service was friendly and the food was good. The only semi downside was the portion size vs cost; you will very likely not have leftovers but we all felt full.

Also, if you are taking advantage of one of their specials, be sure to check your bill. We were told you're only given the special discount (from their website) if you ask.

Pros: Menu selection , Service, Good food
Cons: Portion size, Prices
Moneyz
Moneyz

A Favorite

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

I love Sages. They are one of my favorites in SLC. I always recommend this place to non-vegan etc. I love their food, I would recommend 90 percent of their items with full confidence that the meal would be satisfying if not amazing. Great experience every time, I love the ambiance, I love the food, so glad they expanded.

Pros: Amazing!, Delish!, Great Ambiance!
Cons: Pricey, Not Always Quick, Busy
scwolves
scwolves

Great food... Great new interior... FRIENDLY

4 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

Great ALL vegan menu!! This restaurant is a sister location to our favorite Vegan place The Vertical Diner, yet the menus are each original a diverse. A MUST for Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free folks. Carnivores - DON'T BE AFRAID OR SISSYS! It's great food - period. We had the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich and Alfredo Pasta. The sandwich was our favorite. Topped it off with a Brownie Sundae. They make their own Seitan, a great silky vegan aioli, and crisp fresh french fries and super cool custom beverages. We will always visit when in SLC. The staff is SUPER knowledgable about the menu (Janet was our server).

Pros: Clean, Diverse menu, ALL meat and dairy free
Cons: Beware- they have a new location, Be sure to get their NEW address
Navegante
Navegante

The New Location Is Open

4 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

Went here with my non-vegan partner and kids after running into it by accident one night. The new location is clean, modern decor, and the staff was friendly. Food was good. Me and one kid liked it, but another kid and my partner weren't crazy for it (but they are not vegetarian so sometimes they are difficult to please). Portions seemed a bit small for the price we paid. Overall, I was satisfied but not sure it will be a regular restaurant we visit.

Pros: Decor, Location, Staff
Cons: Price, Portions
teafour2
teafour2

The carrot pate and tiramisu are amazing

4 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

I went here in Sept during a visit to SLC and was very pleased with the food. It was quite small, little hidden away behind some foliage and the decor has a bohemian French feel. But the food is excellent; we had a carrot pate with garlic mushrooms which was gorgeous, my risotto was rich and creamy, but the best by far was the amazing tiramisu - all vegan and all tasted expensive and exceptional. Their beer and wine selection was very good as well. The staff were helpful and friendly, but service was a little slow and we were serenaded by a musician (which I never feel comfortable with in restaurants). But if you want an intimate little place that serves really exceptional tasting vegan food, then this is a great place to eat.

Pros: Quality/taste of food, Feels small/non corporate
Cons: a little expensive, guitarist
MarzipanBreadLoaf
MarzipanBreadLoaf

Pizza night

2 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

I have been here a few times. I usually frequent vertical more often. The few times I have been for pizza night have all been very inconsistent. First time was pretty amazing. They kept bringing pizza after pizza. The second time they barely brought me any pizza. I had to keep asking if they would bring some by the table. I was with my boyfriend and dad at the time who had never been and it was pretty disappointing. This last time I went I maybe got 3 slices of pizza over the hour we were there. I was completely bummed out. I don't think I will be going back. :(

BlackJackJones
BlackJackJones

good food not so good price

3 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

I enjoy the food from sages. I really do. But the price is not worth the quantity of the food given. I much prefer going across the street and getting a sandwich from buds for $6. That being said sages has many more options. Is a nicer place to dine and has been around much longer. We are blessed to have so many options in SLC.

Pros: Good food
Cons: overpriced, small portions
DougMcCallum
DougMcCallum

Great Restaurant

5 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2012

Our experience at Sages was a very positive one. They menu has a diverse selection of vegan meals that are quite creative. Both times we went, the food was excellent. While the food is really good, it is the staff that makes Sages so good. They are friendly and knowledgeable and will take the time to explain the menu and work around any food issues you might have.

We will definitely go back again next time we are in Salt Lake City.

Pros: excellent food, great staff, comfortable setting
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Loving the tacos and pizza

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

During our week long stay in SLC we went to Sages 3 times. The first night was an all-you-can-eat pizza feed. They bring out one pizza at a time and serve you one thin little slice at a time of all sorts of unique flavors! There were more basic ones like italian sausage with marinara sauce, and more interesting ones like thai. I can't remember what most were called but they were all so good! Everything, even the cheese, from scratch! Recommended for vegans and non-vegans alike! The tiny little slices enable you to try a ton of different pizzas so it rocks. The pizza feeds are on Tuesday evenings only. Another time we got a sandwich and the daily special (A Shepherd's pie) and a sandwich. While both were good, I would have to say the Shepherd's pie, as delicious as it was, was not really enough food. The sandwich was good but the bread a bit too thick. The last time we went we got another special (a potato/spag. squash/gravy dish) which was also WAY too small for the price, pretty much a rip-off. We also got the tacos which were delicious and highly recommended. They also have great wine. We really enjoyed Sages and if we ever make it to Utah again will surely eat there again.

Pros: all-you-can-eat-amazing-pizza, tacos
Cons: some of the "specials" were a rip-off
LollyDuRand
LollyDuRand

A Must for SLC Visitors

5 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

Sage's Cafe always pleases me. Their salads are phenomenal and they offer good portions. Sometimes they have pizza nights and sometimes the waiter will even give you a free slice if you're real friendly.

They have a variety of menu options and nightly specials.

Pros: huge menu, friendly service, tasty food
Cons: pricey
jamber79
jamber79

Great food

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2012

Had a hard time finding this place, the sign is small and behind a bush. Seemed like a very casual type place. Had the picadillo and it was sooo good! I wish I could have it again right now. Would definitely go back.

Pros: Food
Cons: Prices, Ambience
Pete- old energy
Pete- old energy

Deserves Praises

5 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

What a delight! We went on Pizza night and it was a blast! With friendly staff and wonderful customers (packed), this restaurant was a highlight of our vacation! I must tell you that it was a wonderful vacation to the Tetons and Yellowstone, and for a small restaurant to become a main talking point, is an achievement. Mormons are not known for their long life spans and the main reason is their poor diet, and so if I were one of them, I would recommend visiting this restaurant and sampling truly healthy and yet delicious food. Of course, maybe the management would rather have them stay away. The pizza was served by a person who wandered from one table to another, announcing what she now had. We tried four different varieties and all were delicious. If you have go to this strange part of the country, remember that this oasis exists and is an amazing adventure.

Pros: Food, Staff!, Ambiance
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

yummy desserts!

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2012

We had the pesto linguini and the taxis for supper. Both were good. The taco were very flavorful. We also had the fresh tasting carrot cashew crostini. The best was the awesome brownie sundae!

Pros: vegan sundae, all vegan
zgeist
zgeist

Great Food, Open Regualr Everyday, Spotty Service

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2012

I really want to give Sage's a five star reveiw. The expereince at Sage's varies depending on whether you get a good server or a poor server and it's really hit or miss on this, you never quite know what to expect.

The Food has always been great, everything is vegan of course and they have a different special everyday which adds variety, "I believe all vegan restaraunts should do this," there are so few vegan restarurants that the same manu gets boring, Sage's figured this out. They also have a Raw night, which is really hit or miss, fantastic or extremely bland. They also started partcipating in meatless monday, which I generally always go to, but again is inconsistent depending on the server on whether you get 25% off or not.

The envorioment is really nice, you're basically eating inside of a house, and the outdoor patio is covered in grape vines which actually provides shade.

One peice of advice, if you like to dine in, at this restaurant and you just went to starbucks or like to add anything to your food, do not do it. Go somewhere else or get it to go. They do NOT permit ANY outside food or beverage of any kind and will ask you to leave regardless of what it is, whether it be vegan and organic makes no difference.

Most of the staff is very nice and the food is really consistent and good. The magical wok is amazing and the tarimisu is the best vegan desert I have had in Salt Lake. Be careful when asking for extra sauce or changing things as it may cost extra so be sure to ask.

I highly recommend Sage's if you are vegan and in salt lake, you pretty much have to try it.

Pros: Rotating Specials, Brunch and Raw Night, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Spotty Service at Times, Extremely Strict Outside Food Policy, Strange Inconsistencies at Times
neekole
neekole

Vegan and Organic

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2012

This place gets "Best Vegetarian" every year and for good reason. Just about everything here tastes great. It is pricey though. Everything is vegan and they use local, organic ingredients as much as possible.

Tuesday - all you can eat pizza and salad for $13 is a pretty good deal.

Breakfast dishes are big enough to share, unless you are starving. Try the carrot butter crostinis, they are great.

Pros: vegan, great staff, organic
Cons: expensive, small portions
dara
dara

Mostly Good

4 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2012

THE GOOD: the service and the dinner food. Service-wise, our waitress was very patient with our large and arguably difficult table. Food-wise, my companions really enjoyed the all-you-can-eat pizza with varying flavors (Thai Pizza, Hummus and Black Bean, Roasted Veggies and Marinara, Curry Veg, Dessert Pizza with Dates/Figs, etc.). I had the Guac-N-Roll and another dining companion had the Nut Burger. These were basically the same dish but the latter doesn't have guacamole. Still, the nut burger patty was great and I loved the seedy roll on which it came. We also enjoyed the Bruschetta appetizer, but didn't really like the Asian Lettuce Wraps (ginger overpowered the dish).

THE MEH: the dessert. In the interest of full disclosure, I hail from Philadelphia, land of the best vegan bakery in the country (Vegan Treats) so I bring a certain high expectation to vegan desserts. We ordered the rum-infused bananas, tiramisu, brownie with ice cream, and chocolate chip cookie madness. All of these were just okay except for the tiramisu which was just not good. It had a strange flavor (soy?) that dominated the custard layer. It was recommended to us by the waitress, but it was really not good.

P.S. Portions are tiny. My nut burger patty was much smaller than the palm of my hand and it came with no side of salad or fries. Of course, these portions reflect what a healthy person who sincerely wants to lose weight would eat; these portions do not reflect what the standard American would expect to eat given the price points.

Pros: Nut Burger, Pizza, Service
Cons: Desserts, Portion Sizes
ann.marie77
ann.marie77

wait staff ruined the expeience

3 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2012

In Sage's last night, and the waitress was so loud and **bubbly,** I coudln't even hear myself think. She gave the same over the top spiel to every new table, telling them what they were going to order, etc. If she could have dialed it down, the whole experience would have been much better. And the tomato pomodoro that she was selling hard was too sweet and not worth the $16. The carrot cake, I will say, was excellent, even though it took them about 10 minutes to get it ready.

Pros: Good size menu, Good location, Nice ambiance
Cons: Loud waitress, Mediocre food
Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Great date night

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2012

Sage's is really the only place you can go in SLC and Utah County for a nice date night. It's my and my hubby's go-to birthday, anniversary, etc. meal place.

Their dinner menu is good, and though it's not amazing it does hit the spot. They have a decent selection of entrees and desserts. They also have raw options.

Their brunch menu is fantastic. A perfect place to go on Saturday afternoons after you are done skiing or just to relax.

I do not, however, recommend going on their all you can eat pizza night on Tuesdays. The pizza is a conglomeration of all the food and sauces they didn't use during the week and I think it's disgusting.

NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Cute Place, Good Food

4 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2011

Food: I had a Philly "cheesesteak" with tempeh. I loved it! I don't know what they made the "cheese" sauce with, but it was some of the best vegan cheese I've ever had! My boyfriend had French toast, which was decently tasty but not all too impressive. While both meals were not very big in size, I'd say his was the lesser filling one (and thus the more disappointing one, in a way).

Prices: Sort of pricey, but about average for an all vegan restaurant that also uses local ingredients.

Atmosphere: very quaint! I much preferred the atmosphere and the music here to the Vertical Cafe (where I had been the night before).

Staff: friendly.

Pros: All vegan!, Yummy food, Cute atmosphere
Cons: Menu is sort of "fancy vegan", A bit pricey

Amazing!

5 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2011

I brought my two omnivore friends to eat here one afternoon as we were passing through Salt Lake City. Everyone loved the food, and the service was great!

I had the Picadillo Vegetariano, and it was phenomenal! Perfect blend of spices and seasoning, and the combination of ingredients was superb. The side greens were crisp, fresh, and came with an amazing vinaigrette.

I'll definitely be back here the next time I'm in Salt Lake City.

Pros: Perfectly seasoned food, Fresh ingredients, Great service
Sara Muniz
Sara Muniz

MMM! :)

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2011

Ok, well lets begin. Sage's Cafe has very yummy food, however there is not much diversity. Despite that, the dishes they do have are de-lec-ta-ble! A little pricey but overall very good, Id recommend it to anyone! :)

Pros: Organic, Tasty, Friendly staff
Cons: Pricey, Small, Small entre selection
christytoes
christytoes

A staple

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2011

I love Sage's! It is a staple restaurant for me. Their food is so delicious and the service is always great. I go for brunch often and for dinner on special occasions. They even give you a free dessert on your birthday! I recommend the rum banana a la mode.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Service
Gabbeveg
Gabbeveg

I heart sages

4 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2010

Delicious vegan food, a little on the pricy side. Great atmosphere, this is the kind of place I want to go for a special occasion.

Pros: All Vegan, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Expensive
CarolineH
CarolineH

Wonderful

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2010

Sage's was the first vegan restaurant that I went to in SLC, and it is one of the best. The atmosphere is wonderful. Relaxing, quaint yet sophisticated in a way. The food is out of this world good. The staff is very helpful, and the prices are decent. It's a little pricy for raw food items, but that is to be expected. And the vegan milkshakes are delicious!

AmberLee
AmberLee

My Fave!!!

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2010

Oh oh oh oh oh!! This was my first experience at a fully vegan restaurant. I ate there a couple of years ago for the first time. To date it is my favorite vegan/vegetarian place. I wish I lived closer. I went there three times in two days. My next visit to SLC I went there twice. And I can't wait to return.

The restaurant has a cute ambiance that seems to be standard of veggie/vegan dining establishments. It *kind of* reminds me of all the cute little local eateries in Manhattan. You could go there dressed up or casual and nobody would make you feel out of place. I really enjoyed eating in the 'sunroom'. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help choose items and explain the dishes.

My favorite was the mushroom tacos. So, so good!! I crave them! :)

The prices seemed moderate. Not inexpensive, but also not break the bank. However, if I lived in SLC I'd have to eat there everyday, therefore depleting my bank account, but it'd be well worth it!

My mom (who is not vegetarian at all) went with me on one of my trips and she loved the place, too!! She had no idea some of things (like the sour cream) was vegan. Fooling a carnivore?! Way to go Sage's!

Pros: Large menu, DELICIOUS food, great ambiance
greensheen
greensheen

Great menu, service could be better...

3 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2010

A friend recommended Sages to me,and, on the day I was there it wasn't very crowded. There were only about four or five people seated, and still the food took nearly an hour to reach us. I was on a date, and the waitress made the rude comment that we looked like we were related. The good thing is that the food is wonderful! I guess they think it's acceptable to put up with the other things, because of this. My advice is that you only visit Sages if you're not very hungry and don't mind waiting...

Pros: organic, delicious food, not too pricey
Cons: slow service, staff, not enough seating
dcveg
dcveg

The Best!!

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2010

Sage's has the best selection of healthy vegan food in the state. Pizza night is insane!!! The best vegan pizza selection ever!!!

Pros: healthy, tasty, staff
lolchoff
lolchoff

Fabulous Food - Wonderful Atmosphere..

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2010

I've just had an other wonderful meal at Sage's. They have a great breakfast menu, with a good selection of both savory (hash browns, etc) and sweet (pancake) selections.

It was one of the most delicious and relaxing brunches I've had. The food was delicious, the service was good, even their bathroom is cool! I give this place 5 stars!!

Pros: Delicious food, Cool decor, Great vibes
Cons: doesn't appear handicapped accessible
foti2472
foti2472

Wonderful!

4 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2010

Absolutely wonderful from start to finish! Garlic soup was outstanding, as were the taco's my husband ordered. The service was expediant and very friendly. Not too pricey. We sat on the inside deck area...would like to see some sort of shading, not to obstruct the view however it gets pretty toasty when the sun is beating down on you. Love the ambiance!

SusanG
SusanG

Wonderful Place

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2009

My non vegan friend took me here and we were seated right away. The food did take a little time to get to the table but thats expected from a place that makes from scratch. When it arrived it was VERY good. The waitress was also very nice. This place is my new favorite restaurant. =]

Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Zegan
Zegan

So good!

5 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2009

On our first ever trip to Salt Lake City, we knew we wanted to try Sage's based on Happy Cow reviews we read. The place did not disappoint and everything was delicious. Great breakfast food and had a yummy dessert (tiramisu). Atmosphere was cozy and the service was prompt and friendly. Highly recommended.

Pros: vegan breakfast, tasty food, nice presentation/atmosphere
skip59030
skip59030

Very nice cafe!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2009

My wife and I had a late lunch and truly enjoyed ourselfs. There is a reason why this restaurant has won so many awards. It simply has it down. The food was great with lots of variety and flavors to enjoy. Do not forget the desserts!!!!
The service was good, very friendly and helpful!! I highly recommend this cafe. I am looking forward for our next visit!

Pros: Great food, Great desserts, Good service
VeganNikki
VeganNikki

Delicious!

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2009

This is a gorgeous, delicious restaurant. The menu is well thought out and they have great specials like Tuesday all you can eat pizza! for 10.95. They even have raw foods nights.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Beautiful
Cons: A little slow, Small Restaurant, Can be busy
solarkismet
solarkismet

great food, slow service

3 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2009

That about says it all. We've been twice now and suffered significant delays both times when it wasn't busy at all - seating, menus, food serving, etc. It shouldn't take 45 minutes to get your food once you order. And your appetizer should come before your dinner, not with. The food is great when you get it.

Pros: tasty
Cons: service
Veganoid
Veganoid

I'm In Love

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2009

This is my FAVORITE vegan restaurant in SLC. I go all the time and have never had a bad experience. I've tried several breakfast items and all have been MORE than satisfactory. The Pesto Sub is a favorite, as well as the House Salad! You've gotta try Sage's!!!

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Pizza Night
Cons: NONE
Rox
Rox

Need More Sage Cafes

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2008

During my roadtrip from Cali to Chicago, Sage Cafe became a very welcome discovery....so much I wouldn't mind making a trip back to SLC just to eat there!

My carnivore friend and I loved every morsel and moment there. I'd the Tacos with tempeh....
The server even went above and beyond to recommend some not-to-be missed non-tourist spots in SLC. Thanks!

Pros: Great taste, Service, Good price
Cons: Utah location : )
SweetPea11
SweetPea11

Worth the hype!

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2008

I was looking for a vegan resturant in the area, and after reading all of the great marks for Sages, I decided to give it a try. And I'm glad to say it was well worth the hype. Great atmosphere, good food, clean bathroom, and terrific service. The server was very friendly. The food was good, especially the tiramisu. Good portion sizes too. I love the sun porch dining room. I'd definitely reccomend the clean little cafe to anyone. It was my first vegan resturant, and I'm glad I chose this one.

Pros: Clean, Good service, Good atmosphere
kindlizard
kindlizard

Cheap, Organic and vegan ~ what more do you want?

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2008

This place was awesome. Who knew in Utah, right? We ate huge meals in the cafe, and then brought dinner from them in the cooler. The best was the soba salad. The homemade seitan, or chicken, was good, but I agree it should have been cut thinner, but also personal taste.

The staff was awesome all the way around. The bathroom was clean, as was the cafe in general. More than stoked to find this place...
Also very cost friendly

Pros: cheap OG vegan food, Price, Staff
SLC
SLC

vegan food at a friendly place

4 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2008

The place is very inviting and the staff friendly. My one only complaint is that the menu is very limited but what they have is very good, except for the salsa in my opinion which is more a tomatoe sauce than a salsa and the veggie chicken should probably be cut thinner for the sandwich (but that's a question of personal taste). The prices are really great for a strictly vegan restaurant.
I also love that they have animal rights, evironmental, and vegan magazines there.

Pros: very good food, good service, activist matrial
Cons: limited menu
  • SLC SLC

I went back now after 4 years and I want to take back the comment about the limited menu. That level of quality just requires it. I simply loved it, again! Service, wonderful, the table at the window is still as wonderful as it was then. Thanks, again for a wonderful meal!

Deano
Deano

what a shock

5 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2007

We didn't expect Salt Lake City to have such a brilliant vegan cafe. The food is gourmet quality and the staff are excellent. This is a surprisingly classy place; ideal for most occasions - including a romantic evening. There's even the option on Tuesday nights of stuffing your face with pizza until you explode. All for $11.
They also have an awesome oatmeal stout - ideal for people who loved Guinness until they realised it was made with fish.

Pros: gourmet quality, good staff, vegan pizzas
Cons: a little pricey for some

Excellent cafe fare

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2007

This place was so delightful and cozy, with wonderful vegan fare, that I wish I could go back right now! Although arriving for breakfast during peak hours, the staff remained attentive and friendly. There is a broad array of dishes to satisfy any breakfast/brunch desire! Even non-vegans will love this place! The portions are great - almost a bit too much food for the price! The flavor combinations are excellent, the basil pesto crepe especially! The whole grain french toast - very satisfying! I don't know how they do it! There were way too many choices to choose from! Tasty, healthy, organic, vegan - what more could a cafe hope to be? Well, maybe one thing - better dessert. Overall, excellent cafe fare!

Pros: staff, diverse menu, cozy atmosphere
Cons: more seating needed, needs better dessert

Dear Owner and Manager of Sage's Cafe: