Organic cafe serving plant based menu that's mostly vegan and includes raw food. Main entrees range $10-15 each. No smoking, has wi-fi. Shop sells herbs, teas, essential oils, flower essence, and holistic products. Previously named Chakra 4 Vegetarian Restaurant. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, International, Take-out
4773 N 20th St (Town & Country Ctr)
Phoenix, Arizona 85016

jlo5616
jlo5616

Would not recommend...

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

I went to Sage Kitchen when it was Chakra 4 Herb for a special occasion, thinking it would be a fancier place than other local veg spots. They were out of everything I wanted on the menu, the staff was rude and slow, and the management was even worse. After I wrote a HappyCow review, the manager responded and said he'd reimburse me for my meal at another restaurant. Long story short, he never made good on his offer and the owner even brushed me off, and she went to great lengths to have my review removed. HappyCow removed my review because Chakra had made what seemed like a nice offer to reimburse me (nice, but a total lie). But now I'm back, because I've actually tried the food! Recently I got invited to Sage Kitchen, and not realizing it was just a renamed Chakra 4 Herb I went for dinner. I finally got to try their food and was unimpressed, and of course they were out of things again. Bland, dry, strange flavors, it just wasn't up to par with other raw vegan restaurants. I got to meet the owner and the manager (complete with "better than thou" attitudes, as I expected)that had promised me the refund, but didn't bother wasting my breath on an old issue. If you are into raw vegan, go to Pomegranate Cafe which serves out of this world, homemade raw vegan foods that even my meat-eating friends love!

Pros: Raw, Vegan, Gluten-free
Cons: Rude staff, Poor menu item availability, Overpriced
nicolina
nicolina

Delish!

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

Vegan heaven! Fantastic tea and herb selections with very knowledgeable staff. Introduced to this cafe by my non-veg SIL. Both her and my boyfriend (carnivorous!) loved their dishes, as did I. I devoured and adored my tostadas. Fiancee loved his pizza and was impressed with the GF crust. We all inhaled the nori wrap appetizers. Definitely will return!

ssepeq
ssepeq

Worth The Wait

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2013

Tried this place for the first time with a (non-veg) friend visiting from out of state. It took a long time to get our food but that was due to our server's error and she took responsibility for that. Once the food did arrive it was amazing! Their gnocchi dish is epic, my friend got the day's special it was quinoa cakes which were also delightful. I will for sure be going back!

Pros: Atmosphere, Friendly Attentive Staff, Great Food
Cons: Prices

Maktub
Maktub

Quality Quality Quality

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

Best in Phoenix. Reminds me of the cafes in the Northwest. The staff was excellent and the menu was creative. It wasn't full of the Seitan and soy standbys that other places use as a crutch.

Pros: Selection, High quality , Very helpful staff
Cons: Not more locations
tepperj
tepperj

Great healthy vegan and vegetarian food

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

Absolutely loved this restaurant. The food was great, the service was great, the tea was great, and the I really liked the feel of the place. I got the black bean wrap and it was delicious. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Veg*n, healthy, tasty
Cons: tad expensive
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Chakra 4 Vegetarian Restaurant

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

I really enjoyed this place. It was my last meal during my October Arizona trip and I thoroughly enjoyed the food as well as the employees, who were quite nice. The rawvocado wrap was quite tasty, as well as the broccoli soup it came with that day (which also had potato). I would certainly dine here often if I lived in the area!

yvettetravels
yvettetravels

YUMMY!!!

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

I've eaten at Chakra 4 a couple of times now, and I can truly say the food is awesome. It's very fresh and flavorful. I've eaten the hummus, mediterranean wrap, and noritos which are just to die for. The atmosphere is very relaxing. They make healthy eating delicious eating.

Pros: Great Fresh Food, Wonderful Atmosphere, Friendly Service
VegFriends
VegFriends

Pleasant atmosphere & delicious food!

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2012

The staff made us feel warm and welcome here. The hummus & guacamole dips with fresh pita are loaded with flavors! We also really enjoyed the zucchini fetuccini with both sauces and walnut "meat" balls. The vegan chocolate truffles are amazing! I especially enjoyed the vegan Lemon cake! The water with citrus and cucumber was so refreshing! I look forward to visiting the Phoenix area again just to have another opportunity to eat at Chakra 4!

Pros: Excellent food, Ultra healthy cuisine, Loving staff
MeGaVEgHEad
MeGaVEgHEad

Tasty Veg-Eats

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

This place has some of the tastiest veg-eats in Phoenix. It's also one of the few that I visit regularly. The food is fresh and the tea selection is staggering. Great service and the overall vibe is totally chill. When they have the butternut squash soup I always get it. There's nothing like it. Wraps and salads are all very good. Pies are excellent but you never know what they'll have. Also don't sit next to the door it slams shut and is a bit jarring.

Pros: very fresh, huge portions, good vibes
Cons: hidden, gets packed sometimes, desserts always different
mindymvegan
mindymvegan

Chakra Herbs

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2011

Great little place. Mainly raw, all vegetarian food. Great raw deserts and drinks. Expensive herbs :(

Pros: raw food, selection, helpful staff
Cons: expensive, small building
bean66
bean66

So good we ate there 4 times in 3 days!

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2011

My boyfriend, who's not veg, and I ate there our first day in Phoenix and the service was so good, and the food so fresh that we visited again 3 more times! Prices are good for raw food and there is enough to share for a moderate eater. The herb shop attached was also great and we were able to pick up teas and herbs to help us on our trip. We would defintely go again.

Pros: Really Fresh Food, Good portion size, Great service
Cons: None we can think of
LacieParker
LacieParker

One word: yum.

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2011

Both times I've been here, I've been extremely impressed. Their tea selection is to die for, and their food is packed with flavor, while being super healthy. My mom was obsessed with their dehydrated nori chips, which disappeared very quickly between the two of us. I've never met a dish here I've been disappointed with. Although their hiipie atmosphere might give omnivores the wrong first impression, everyone will more than enjoy the food!

Pros: tea selection, healthy and yummy food, chocolate selection
Cons: the prices in their store are a tad high
JOmo55
JOmo55

Great place to eat and relax!!!!!

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2011

My wife and I ate here for our fifth Wedding Anniversary dinner. The atmosphere was very relaxing, our food was surprisingly flavorful and delicious, and our server was very helpful and pleasant.

Pros: excellent food, healthy food, organic vegetarian/ vegan food
Cons: can be expensive
JJBowers
JJBowers

Love Love LOVE This Place!

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2011

So few veggie places exist and so few are THIS good! I've had almost everything on the menu but my favorite is the Cowgirl wrap. Chakra 4 definitely has some of the freshest, most succulent food around.

The service can be a little slow when they get super busy at lunch but everyone is really nice and they are on top of everything.

I didn't know this at first but Chakra 4 gets all their produce and just about everything else they carry from local farms and companies. As a fan of supporting local community, I absolutely love this about Chakra 4.

Everyone loves their tea selections as well, but my favorite thing about them, which I don't think a lot of people know, is that they make a lot of their own blends.

And as for dessert....the chocolates are to die for. They also have raw pie that is great. Just know that the pie is expensive, $9 a slice so be prepared. But its worth it!

Its always fun to try something new here!

Pros: its so good!, unique teas, super friendly
Cons: slow when busy, expensive dessert
maynard7
maynard7

Nice place

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2010

I had a very good meal here. I was pretty hungry, so I ordered the "Cup and a Half" meal for $12 which includes a small bowl of soup and half a wrap. The half wrap was actually quite large (probably about 8-9 inches long). I chose the Johnny Apple Wrap, which was quite good, and a little sweet since it contains apples. It was like a salad inside the thick tortilla wrap. The soup that day was potato-leek, which was quite good. I also ordered the Golden Hummus for $9 which included a large ice-cream-scoop-sized portion of hummus, along with lavash. The veggies were very fresh (not dried out), and seemed to have been freshly sliced. All of the food was very good, and I was stuffed when I left.

I read the other reviews and nearly everybody mentions the prices. The prices are expensive for lunch, but for dinner, the prices are about the same as other nearby places, and the food is so healthy. Also, two people could share the meal that I had, and probably be completely satisfied when they leave. I was so full I couldn't finish it all, and I should have just ordered one plate. That same meal with 2 glasses of water would not be excessively expensive when shared by 2 people. The drinks I saw on the menu seemed expensive to me, especially the Elixirs, but I usually order water anyway. If you're the type that orders appetizers, entree, drinks, dessert, etc., you will pay quite a bit here, but it's also possible to have a reasonable meal as well.

I rated the place as 4 stars, because to me, 5 stars is absolute perfection (to me, that means excellent food and cheap prices and good service). The service was a little bit slow, but the kitchen itself seemed to be fast. I warmly recommend this place and encourage you to visit it at least once. It's located in the Biltmore area of Phoenix with lots of shopping and attractions nearby.

Pros: Very good food, Location, Pleasant surroundings
Cons: Not open very late for dinner, Prices on the high side
jamber79
jamber79

cute place

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2010

Had some delicious food here. The cowgirl wrap was a little too spicy for me, but it was so tasty I didn't care. I think it was the best wrap I've ever had, even though the tortilla didn't wrap around the bottom and it was kind of messy to eat. Good soups and teas on the menu. They give you a choice of vegan or regular cheese and almond or regular milk which was good. Store has some cool stuff too. My only complaint was the prices, this place will have to be a once in a while splurge for me because I could never afford to pay their prices on a regular basis.

Pros: food, atmosphere, healthy
Cons: prices
AnnetteGray
AnnetteGray

Outstanding

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2010

This place was awesome! Not only did I get great service from our server I believe her name was Chris but they were very helpful in explaining their teas. I was able to request certain items for my salad and they make wonderful vegetable soup. Outstanding and delicious food I would highly recommend them. Thanks

Pros: very friendly staff, outstanding food, very healthy
hlneal
hlneal

Wonderful, but expensive, experience!

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2010

This little cafe was absolutely wonderful. It is a vegetarian restaurant, but anything can be made vegan. There are a lot of raw options on the menu too, including a fantastic raw, vegan cheesecake. Their food is expensive, so be prepared. It's definitely worth the price. We brought our omnivore family and they absolutely adored it. They couldn't stop raving about how delicious it was. I had their Rawvocado, wrapped in kale (half size), and it was delicious. I also had the Mayan Chocomole Chai Tea, which was also fantastic. I highly suggest stopping here for a bite. Prepare yourself for spending a little bit of cash, though, because you'll want to have the tea, an entree, and a dessert. Enjoy!

Pros: Delicious, Very Vegan and Raw Friendly, Great Ambiance
Cons: Small, Expensive, Expensive!
RabbitEars
RabbitEars

Very Tasty

Posted on 12 / 08 / 2009

Chakra is a very nice cafe. We have visited several times for the food and have enjoyed everything we've tried. The dishes are imaginative, healthy, fresh, and delicious, and you do have to pay for that. Tables are small (so they can fit more of them in the small room) but that jumble seems to add to the ambiance. Also enjoyed sitting at an outside table once. Don't forget the teas; they have a great selection of dry teas and other herbs to take home. A very nice experience.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Fresh
Cons: Pricey
AndyDREW
AndyDREW

hmm

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2009

i thought it seemed a lot like, a sampling of a lifestyle at a very high price. was not even appetized after a appitizer and a full meal, between to people with one drin 40 dollars. not bad but let me stress on not even appetized.

Pros: raw food, atmosphere, raw deserts
Cons: small servings, expensive, seemed like a tourist store
TheGirl
TheGirl

Very Yummy!

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2008

I love this little cafe. The food and the atmosphere are great. You can also pick up some teas and herbs while you eat. They also have vegan truffles. : )

Pros: Very Friendly Staff, Great Food, Very Healthy
Cons: Not great for a Quick Power Lunch, A little Expensive for everyday, Can only think of 2 cons

Dear Owner and Manager of Sage Kitchen: