Serves meat, veg options available. Asian food restaurant. While meat-heavy, some dishes can be made with choice of tofu, vegan mock duck, or vegetable. Has veg sushi. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Asian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1610 N Kingshighway Ste 101
Cape Girardeau, Missouri 47304
573-651-1398

Open Mon-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-10pm, closed Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by caloy2809
caloy2809
caloy2809

Best vegan options in Cape!

4 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

As a vegan in Cape Girardeau, this is probably the best place to go for the biggest variety. I am the founder of a vegan meetup group in Cape, and this is where we went for our first meeting. Most of their dishes can be made with either tofu, vegetables, or vegan mock duck instead of meat. I've tried each of those options with each of the sauce options, and it is all great. They cook their vegetables perfectly. They are still crunchy and colorful when you get your food. I usually get the red curry dish with tofu or just vegetables. It's very good. I highly recommend this place. They also have sushi (which isn't the best, I'd recommend their entrees over the sushi). The miso soup is NOT vegan.

Pros: Tons of vegan options, Great food!, Clean, modern, classy atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Saffron Bistro: