Booked for my birthday meal - I'm vegan, my partner is vegetarian & we'd heard good things about the food. But the disadvantages far outweigh the advantages:
- Slow service (two hours to receive our main courses - diners around us all served & had left);
- Confusion, misinformation & delays refusing to offer us web-advertised better-value set menu options;
- Wrong food delivered without us being informed (eg kitchen had altered a regular menu salad & not told waiting staff - the diner didn't actually like the replacement ingredients & could have had allergies to them);
- Varied excuses ranging from missing managers, short-staff & large parties arriving (at 6.30pm on a Mon eve in a near-empty restaurant);
- Manager gave us a £15 discount after hearing our complaints & a further twenty minute delay (ie £3 per head - not even a free drink each) to compensate for ruined evening to "persuade" us to return.
The food was tasty - eg sharing cashew cheese platter; mushroom dumplings in dipping sauce; Buddha Bowl; jalapenos stuffed with cashew cheese - but small portions for the price (eg £7 starter / £13.50 for the sharing starter; £14.50 mains). Limited choice compared with other similar eateries (only about six starters & six mains on the menu). Better London raw-food vegan eateries available.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 25, 2010Pros: Tasty food, Raw choice, Healthy cuisine
Cons: Slow service, Overpriced, Small portions