Serves meat, veg options available. Several vegan options which include a vegetable duvec, a mixture of rice and vegetables, platters of roasted or grilled vegetables, sides of spinach and other vegetables, as well as some staples like bread and chips. Call for hours - tell us. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Bosnian, Turkish, Non-veg

First Review by jesselliot7
Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

Better cook and eat at home

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2014

For vegetarians Mostar is no good place to eat out. Sadrvan seems to be at least in some degree the best choice.
When I was there I sat outside in the nice summer garden which is why I can't say anything about how it is inside.
There were a couple of vegetarian dishes but if you are vegan you can be lucky if you have at least 1% of the whole menu to choose from (excluding beverages). I had a risotto with mushrooms (and parsley and butter) which was pretty fair, I am even tempted to say it was quite good. But I have to add that the cutlery wasn't very clean, one paper napkin they gave me had already been used before and on top of that I found two hairs in my risotto, one presumably from someone's head and one whisker.
Further I was harassed by a cat that sat next to my chair starring at me for like few minutes feinting to jump on the table every now and then. Only after very persistent ignoring the cat vanished eventually.
In my opinion it is not worth to order a dessert. I tried the most expensive one which was not good.
On balance Sadrvan was rather disappointing, besides somewhat overpriced. I have to add they gave me a Sadrvan souvenir (a postcard) eventually.
If you have the facility then cook yourself, that'd be way better, especially since I have seen some very good-looking fruits and vegetables around.

Pros: nice location
Cons: not very clean, slightly overpriced
hgravklev
hgravklev

Nice surprise

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

We visited Mostar, expecting to live on the usual fare of pasta and pizza. However Sadrvan had a diverse menu of vegetarian meals, with an emphasis on grilled vegetables. While the meals are not exciting, they are well prepared. Service is good, the location is nice. Outdoor seating in a nice garden.

Pros: Location, Price, Service
Cons: Lack of proteins in the meals
Mag
Mag

So so...

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

I had a typical plate with rice and vegetables (sorry, forgot the name) and it seemed to be an ready food heated in the microwaves... Was indeed too fast for preparation of rice...Really not tasty. My husband had a sauce with mushrooms (with milk cream) with toasts and was nothing extra as well...
I've seen that other restaurants nearby also had vegetarian options, but I didn't have oportunity to try...

Pros: Friendly staff, Outdoor seating place, Price
Cons: Not tasty, Not fresh

estefinparis
estefinparis

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2011

Sadrvan has plenty of veg options and the servers were pretty easy about helping decide which dishes could be veganised. Although anything you eat here will be limited to a combination of rice and vegetables, in our case we found them to be really helpful and were not left hungry. The location is also great with some cosy outdoor seating and withing walking distance of the Mostar bridge.

Guest
Guest

Vegetable delight!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2011

Yummy vegan simple options in vegetables, rice and bread. Decent prices and very friendly staff. More veggie food than surrounding restaurants.

Pros: Fresh spinach dish, Friendly staff, Affordable

Dear Owner and Manager of Sadrvan: