Serves meat, veg options available. Owner is Syrian who has lived in Greece and makes food from the Mid-East and Mediterranian area; has separate vegetarian menu. Speaks English. Simple, casual eatery. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Middle-Eastern, Mediterranean, Syrian, Non-veg
Rua Miguel Bombarda, 34
Porto, Portugal 4050

Open Mon-Thur 8am-9pm, Fri-Sat 8am-2am.

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by kandimba
natalye
natalye

Falafel spot in Porto

4 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Coming from Germany, the land of the ever-present döner and falafel, I guess I take it for granted, as falafel is not very easy to find in Portugal. But luckily this place has it covered.

There are a lot of vegetarian options, and the owner also knows and is clear about what is vegan as well.

We had the falafel, which you can get in a wrap or a pita. The ingredients were super fresh and the price was great: €3 each. I enjoyed my meal, but my only complaint would maybe be that there wasn't enough "kick." I asked for spicy sauce, but when I later opened my wrap (we got it to go), it didn't have it, which is probably the reason I felt it was kind of bland.

Otherwise, it's still a good bargain and I would definitely recommend this spot for a quick, delicious, inexpensive bite to eat.

Pros: Fresh food, Clear vegan options, Inexpensive
Cons: Smaller portions, Not much atmosphere
Dantheman
Dantheman

Perfect vegan meals!

4 Posted on 04 / 18 / 2014

Was there 10 min. ago and I´m impressed. Had 3 dishes and all of them were great. Also talked to the chef and his wife- they speak 6 languages, so they can help you with every dish on the menu. They are very welcoming and they love to help you out with your wishes. Prices are pretty low. Small and cozy place. Would go there again, anytime! Unfortunately it´s not possible to give them 5 stars, because they also serve meat and stuff, but I definitely would! :) So vegans: don´t be shy, just try.

GGomes
GGomes

I love it

4 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

If you are looking for the typical vegetarian restaurant, forget this. Sabores do Sebouh is a typical portuguese tavern.

This is a perfect place if you want to eat well and pay less.

For me, is a stop every time i come to Porto

Pros: cheap, Very good food, Is a tavern
Cons: Is a tavern

Nidra
Nidra

the chef is an Armenian form Siria

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

The food was delicious, the prices very good. I reccomend this place to everyone who wants to find a good vagan food for a cheap price.
I have to say also that the owner is a very friendly person who can make a nice athmosphere even if you came alone.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, very tasty
icbb
icbb

best falafel I ever had!

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

This is one of the cheapest veg restaurants in Oporto. The owner told us about all The vegan options and The ones de
tried were delicious. We paid about 7.5 euro for complete meal.

Pros: friendly staff , vegan friendly, very tasty food for low price
erichartnett24
erichartnett24

best hummus & falafel in portugal

4 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2013

Not a vegan restaurant but has options for vegans, my kind of options. Hummus! and Falafel! and it was all insanely delicious. The owner apparently grows his own organic chickpeas, calm cafe atmosphere and great food. I don't speak portuguese but the owner speaks english and is very helpful.

Pros: hummus, hummus, hummus
kandimba
kandimba

Some of the best mideastern food you can get

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2013

Although non-vegetarian, this restaurant is possibly the best place to eat vegetarian food in Porto. In fact, the restaurant has become a meeting place for many vegetarians and the veg menu has been increasing by the week.
The food is excellent and the prices are low. You can even eat outside.
If you like hummus, fatouche, killis ichi, tabouleh, stuffed aubergine, etc., this is the place for you! Also be sure to ask for the semolina cake in the end (vegan).
The owner, Simon, is constantly making up new dishes, most of them vegetarian. Ask for what's being served at the moment, not all of the food is on the menu.
Some meat-eaters go there for the shawarma too, but most clients are vegetarian.

Pros: Excellent food, Cheap, Extremely friendly staff
Cons: Serves meat, Atmosphere could be better

Dear Owner and Manager of Sabores do Sebouh: