The first vegetarian restaurant in Alges, became all-vegan in 2015. Use many organic ingredients, and menu change daily. Hosts occasional workshops on veg cuisine. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, Portuguese
Rua D. Jeronimo Osorio, 19 B
Alges, Portugal 1495-163
Now Open

Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:30pm, Sat 10:00am-5:30pm

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by Monia

Food made with love and care

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2015

A very small but cozy vegan restaurant, with a few tables set outside on the esplanade.

Every day Sabor Superior offers two soups and two hot dishes with an international cuisine flavor. I especially enjoy having a samosa for appetizer as well as the spicier foods with Indian inspiration that are often available. There are a lot of different juices to choose from but most times I ask for the vegan mango lacie. Since all the desserts are also vegan it can be tough to decide which one to have, but my favorite is the carob cake!

One thing that really stands out in this restaurant is the amount of care and detail that goes in the preparation of the food. Like another reviewer mentioned, it becomes apparent that the owners put a lot of love and dedication in what they do. The staff are super friendly and available to answer questions or satisfy any special request - for example, I always ask for brown rice instead of basmati white rice.

I highly recommend Sabor Superior to anyone looking to have a comforting meal in a relaxed environment for a moderate price.

Pros: "International flavor" cuisine, Delicious desserts, Friendly staff
Cons: Small amount of tables
  • fruitarian

conference meeting

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2015

Dear Sir/Ma,

We are Bilal Textiles Trading, Based in United Arab Emirates.

We are interested in booking your venue for a conference meeting based on 50 delegates.

Month of Event :NOVEMBER & Dec 2015.Five days Event mostly Monday to Thursday.
Time Duration: 10am to 3pm

Kindly get back to us as soon as possible.

We are waiting to read from you soon and we hope more business from our

Best Regards,

09112 Nakheel Ajman,
United Arab Emirates

Delicious food!

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2015

A small restaurant where you can enjoy very good vegan food.

The desserts are really delicious!

Pros: Variety, Delicious Desserts, Staff

decente and cozy

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2015

Typical small Portuguese restaurant but with a twist: vegetarian!
Glad I have found it! Food is great and tasty! Prices are ok. Will definitely return if around :)

Good Value For Money

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

Vegan choice was the majority of the menu, prices are really affordable and food quality and taste was good.
Staff was polite and serving quickly.
Warning: location on happyCow was not correct, you may double check correct location on their website

Pros: Price, Quick Service

Nice place

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2013

It's a friendly place, the food is very good and it shows lots of love for it. It has two dishes per day, and at least one is always vegan. There are always more than two vegan desserts, i recomend the redfruits pie. The staff is very friendly

Pros: Vegan-Friendly, Staff, Tasty food
Cons: Not 100% Vegan, Not fit for large groups

Amazing food in a familiar atmosphere

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2011

It's been a year since I've entered this restaurant here. Since then I've become a regular in Sabor Superior and I can say, with no shadow of a doubt, that this is one of the best (if not the best!) vegetarian restaurant I've been to. Kamal is a great cook and Mafalda a great desert maker. They combine the best of Indian/Krishna vegetarian food with super delicious Portuguese-wise veggie dishes.
There is no buffet and you only get to choose between two dishes, but the choise is sometimes very difficult. The price including soup and desert is around 9 Euro per person. I dare you to try the "croquete de soja", the halava or any vegan-friendly desert. You won't regret it.
In sunny days arrive early so that you can get a table outside.

Pros: Excellent food, Super tasty deserts, Healthy vegan and non-vegan choices
Cons: Closes on Sunday

Dear Owner and Manager of Sabor Superior: