Serves meat, veg options available. Organic restaurant with an ample vegetarian section of the menu as well as many vegetarian options in other sections, most of which can be vegan by asking for no cheese. Upscale atmosphere. Offers a lush garden area for dining, in addition to indoor seating. A chocolateria is located in front of the restaurant. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Non-veg
6a Avenida Sur, Unit 7 (6a Calle Poniente)
Antigua, Guatemala
7832-0648

First Review by yehadut
14th_monkey
14th_monkey

In the shadow of a volcano

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2014

I was only passing through for the night and had a walk through town in the afternoon before heading out for dinner in the evening. The buildings are very unassuming from the outside and Sabe Rico was no different. At firs the chocolate shop threw me off and then when I walked through to the back it felt like I was in someones garden - but scattered arround in their own little corners were tables. Great atmosphere and lovely gardens. I had a fantastic vegan gluten free meal - with a guacamole starter and hybiscus drink. I found the lentil stew hit the spot and left very satisfied and motivated enough to wtite a review!

I cant compare to anywhere else but when I left I thought back to 2 American girls I saw with a domino pizza box in their hands and thought to myself they have come all this way and are missing out on a great experience - all in the shadow of a volcano.

Pros: Wide selection , Has organic / local meat options, Traditional and international
Cons: I was eating alone, cant give it 5 stars
dsparakh
dsparakh

Decent choice for vegetarians, but a bit hyped

3 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

A good number of vegetarian/vegan options, but a lot of meat on the menu as well. Staff is knowledgeable. Beautiful garden. Food was okay and not particularly great value (small portions). The place seems to be a health-food store, food seller, and chocolateria as well. The chocolates were not great. Overall, they seem to be trying to do too much with the result that the core business - good food presumably - may suffer. Nonetheless, it has a lot of choices for vegetarians.

yehadut
yehadut

Many tasty options, beautiful garden

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

The food was really good. The menu has a vegetarian section and other vegetarian options in other parts of the menu. Most were vegan or could be made vegan. I especially recommend the amazing portobella sandwich, so delicious we both ordered a second (it's really small though, you may *have* to order a second). The lentil stew was fine but boring. The chili relleno was tasty. The garden we ate in was really beautiful. It was lovely.

Pros: pretty, yummy, many options

Dear Owner and Manager of Sabe Rico: