Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food, run by a chef from California. He understands and will cater to all dietary needs. Everything homemade on premises. Little place with atmosphere. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

mikeybutt
mikeybutt

AMAZING FOOD BUT

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2014

REVISED BELOW. the chips n salsa and the burrito I had were exceptional. huge portions and full flavor. very close to perfect Mexican flavors mmmm. BUT. the only option that was vegan on the menu was the chips n salsa. I had to ask the chef personally if he would make me a vegan burrito instead of the chicken/steak as it was listed. he did it no problem and it was amazing and fast. I would have given 5 stars if the menu had simply listed something like "most of these dishes can be made vegan just ask" or even better if there was a vegan option printed :) so 5 stars for quality of food and 4 for not mentioning vegan on the menu :P since this is HappyCow and all. REVISION. I got the tostada salad (which comes with chicken sour cream and cheese) vegan style and it was bad. just bad. I had to knock the restaurant down a star to 3. the chef is the one that suggested I get the salad. it was bad. this was my second day going there so maybe he thought vegans love salads? Just another day being let down by the food here :) oh well.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 01, 2014

Pros: understanding chef
Cons: No vegan options listed

Dear Owner and Manager of Rusty Pelican: