Serves meat, veg options available. A Chinese restaurant that offers several mock chicken dishes and many vegetable bases dishes with vegan options. Located close to Vegan Treats Bakery. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
1519 Easton Ave
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
610-419-8850

First Review by Vegan Tom
JesseIves
JesseIves

decent selection for the area

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2015

With not many options for veg dining in the Allentown/Bethlehem area, we opted to grab take out from Ruby Cafe. The food was decent but nothing mind blowing. We had left overs, that were hard to finish as we were traveling and only there 1 night. Not a bad option. The imitation chicken is seitan, and the 2 items we got tasted the exact same, 1 of which was even labeled spicy.

Pros: clearly marked on the menu, decent price/portion size
Cons: Everything tastes the same, Seitan was ok, would have prefered tofu
morocco
morocco

pretty good in a pinch

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2015

Standard Chinese take-out menu with the happy edition of an imitation meats section. Sadly for those gluten-free-ers, it's mostly seitan, but still a nice option for those who can!

veganeatin
veganeatin

actually really awesome!

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2015

I just went here this afternoon on my way for a vegan treats trip and was very pleasantly surprised. I was thrown off by the bad review here but it has so many good reviews on yelp I gave it a try anyway and those guys were right! The vegan/vegetarian dishes are tofu or "imitation chicken" based and are your standard dishes like general tso's or mixed with veggies. They also have a vegan vegetable roll (basically a spring roll). The prices are inexpensive and half an order of generals tso's imitation chicken and a veggie roll only cost me about 7 dollars all together and was enough food for a good meal and leftovers. The restaurant was clean looking and bright inside and while I was waiting at least four other people came in picking up food so it was actually pretty busy and it was only maybe 4 in the afternoon at the latest. I don't know about msg and all the things the previous reviewer was worries about, but the food was really delicious and didn't give me the feeling of msg poisoning which normally happens if I miss that it's in some food I ate. In anycase, I will definitely be going back again. I hope this raises it's rating a little because people are missing out if they've been avoiding it due to its happy cow one star

Pros: inexpensive , close to vegan treats, good veg options

Vegan Tom
Vegan Tom

Ruby Cafe

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

Not many veggie items and they didn't seem to know when I said vegan or no msg

Dear Owner and Manager of Ruby Cafe: