Serves meat, veg options available. Serves a variety of vegetarian sandwiches, burritos, quesadillas and appetizers. Try the vegan BBQ tofu nachos. Inside is now non-smoking, enclosed outdoor patio is new smoking deck. Confirmed open Feb 2010. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mexican, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by jaml730
no whey!
no whey!

Good vegan bar food

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

I really like the barbecue tofu nachos here- they're the best item on the menu, hands down. This place has a number of vegan offerings and a ton of vegetarian options. They have brunch menu till 3pm on Saturday and Sunday which even has veg selections, like scrambled tofu. The veg sausage is unfortunately made with eggs, but I was happy that the manager could answer my questions about ingredients from memory. He did say he'd tried to get vegan sausage, but their distributor didn't carry it. Still, a full bar with a cool environment and good food.

Pros: BBQ tofu nachos, friendly staff, veg options
Cons: non-vegan sausage
spookyjess
spookyjess

They can do Tofu!

4 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2013

The atmosphere is cozy, and the service is welcoming! Smoking is allowed on an outside, enclosed porch.

Started off with the tofu wings, which are basically what their name implies; pieces of tofu fried to a crispy perfection. Next, of course, I had to try the famous bbq tofu. They use the same method of preparation here, except the tofu chunks are tossed with a tangy, sweet bbq sauce. I would definitely order this again.

Pros: ambiance, clean, great tofu
Cons: coleslaw is not vegan, drinks are a little pricey
Island Hopper
Island Hopper

The Truth

3 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2009

Coming to Memphis from California for a week on business I had little hope of finding vegan food & expected to starve. In fact, I did starve for the most part but that is another story. I saw the reviews here for RP Tracks and thought I'd give it a try. Staff is friendly & they now have a seperate smoking area outside. Not much to choose from but I was exited to try the BBQ tofu. The truth of the matter is they get an "A" for effort but a "D" at best for execution. The tofu was way over cooked. And I do mean over cooked. Perhaps it was a bad day, but I'd recommend you ask that they go easy on the cooking. Friends enjoyed their meat entrees.

Pros: Veg conscious, BBQ Tofu, Staff
Cons: Tofu way over cooked

jaml730
jaml730

Tracks is worth going to Memphis for!

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2008

If you're a vegan (and you love good BBQ), you have to check this place out! The BBQ tofu is vegan and you can get it over nachos or in a burrito. They also have great sweet potato fries. This is quite possibly the best vegan food I've ever gotten in a restaurant. I would go to Memphis again just for the food at Tracks! However, it is definitely a bar atmosphere.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff
Cons: Smoking

Dear Owner and Manager of RP Tracks: