Serves meat, veg options available. Part of chain of upscale restaurant chain. Mostly meat based food. At this location, the menu includes several vegetarian dishes. Vegetable sushi, fresh spring rolls, pasta primavera, and teriyaki tofu. Vegans to specify. Reservation suggested for weekends. Price: Expensive more-less
American, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
4405 Honoapiilani Hwy (Kaahumanu Ave, West Maui)
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761
808-669-6999

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Chia
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Roy's

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

I'm not entirely sure why this is listed on HC; though I did go here because my bf is non-veg and wanted to try it out. There really isn't anything here for vegans or vegetarians...I ended up with a highly modified salad, basically the BLT wedge minus the B and subbed for a different dressing. There are certainly restaurants that are more veg-friendly in Maui than Roy's.

Chia
Chia

Roy's in Lahaina

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2012

On my last trip to Maui in 2010, I had thought about eating at Roy's, so I called to inquire about their vegetarian offerings.

Previous I had eaten here on one occasion, but that was several years ago, and I don't remember anything about the food I had. On this trip, I drove by Roy's many times but didn't end up eating there. I just want to leave a comment about what I found out.

Roy's is a chain restaurant with locations all over the USA. It's billed as a casual fine dining restaurant that serves meat and seafood.

Over the phone, a staff member told me that at this location, the menu does offer around 4-5 vegetarian options which include vegetable sushi, spring rolls, a vegetable pasta dish, and a tofu dish. The food can be made vegan upon request if not already (such as omitting cheese in the pasta).

I was told that each vegetarian main entree costs around $25 each. For Maui/Lahaina, that's moderate pricing, but as far as vegetarian food goes, it's expensive.

• kindlizard kindlizard

First you shouldn't add reviews to places you don't visit! Second, that is not expensive for Maui, not for quality, local produce etc rather than Costco where many other places shop. If you get a quality locally og dinner, than $20-30 is average for the better tier of places for vegan in Maui.

Dear Owner and Manager of Roy's: