I'm not entirely sure why this is listed on HC; though I did go here because my bf is non-veg and wanted to try it out. There really isn't anything here for vegans or vegetarians...I ended up with a highly modified salad, basically the BLT wedge minus the B and subbed for a different dressing. There are certainly restaurants that are more veg-friendly in Maui than Roy's.
On my last trip to Maui in 2010, I had thought about eating at Roy's, so I called to inquire about their vegetarian offerings.
Previous I had eaten here on one occasion, but that was several years ago, and I don't remember anything about the food I had. On this trip, I drove by Roy's many times but didn't end up eating there. I just want to leave a comment about what I found out.
Roy's is a chain restaurant with locations all over the USA. It's billed as a casual fine dining restaurant that serves meat and seafood.
Over the phone, a staff member told me that at this location, the menu does offer around 4-5 vegetarian options which include vegetable sushi, spring rolls, a vegetable pasta dish, and a tofu dish. The food can be made vegan upon request if not already (such as omitting cheese in the pasta).
I was told that each vegetarian main entree costs around $25 each. For Maui/Lahaina, that's moderate pricing, but as far as vegetarian food goes, it's expensive.
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Lahaina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Roy's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 637 times since Jan 2013.