Serves meat, veg options available. Doner place by the Munich main subway station. Offers vegan döner kebab made from seitan (with vegan sauce), plus dürüm, falafel, tofu burger, and fresh starters. Good for a quick bite. Directions: Walk towards tracks 27-36 (which are shorter than the others), exit the train station there and turn left. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Turkish, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

dicer
dicer

Very delicous döner

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2014

Whenever I'm in Munich I drop by this place. Very conveniently located right outside the main train station. Walk towards tracks 27-36 (which are shorter than the others), exit the train station there and turn left.

They have several vegan dishes to choose from, but the best is the vegan Döner. Several vegan sauces are available and they are all great. I like the Tzaziki sauce best though.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. It's just a bit weird that they once tried to convince me to have the standard yoghurt sauce with the vegan döner. That one is not vegan but they insisted it was better... Only happened once though. Usually they are very happy to accommodate vegan diners.

If you go more often make sure to get the rebate stamp card!

Pros: Best vegan döner in town
Plantpower
Plantpower

Great vegan doener and service

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

Vegan junk food at its best. Voener was yummy, also had some wine leaf rolls, which were also good. Saw that they also have vegan boerek. Was very surprised about the staff, who were super friendly even though it was quite busy and very hot for them. With all the stickers and flyers, the store appears to be so vegan-supportive, that I don't get why they still sell the meat options?

Pros: Lots of vegan options
Cons: Still sell meat
siljebergen
siljebergen

Excellent place (if you can eat gluten)

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

This place is excellent - if you can eat gluten. They have seitan-based vegan options that looked really good, but I can't have either the wraps or the seitan so I was a bit bummed out. The owner(? seemed to be) didn't understand what I meant by gluten frei but a customer did and explained to him. The owner was very helpful and pointed to lots of salads and asked if I wanted those and so we made a vegan plate with lots of vegan sauces. I was very impressed by this service, and he then gathered cutlery for me and carried it out to our table (he did this with several others too.) The food was good and I was impressed by the service! I wouldn't go back as the condiments weren't really worth it for me but I am glad I gave it a try. You should really go if you can eat gluten. By the way this is PAST the train station if you come from the main part of town - just past the airport buses and taxis.

Pros: Friendly staff, Lots of sauces are vegan, Different vegan options
Cons: No toilet fascilities, Not so good for gluten intolerants

Amy1274
Amy1274

Perfect location, misleading signs

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

I discovered this place purely by accident when walking to the train station because of the large signs advertising veggie döner and 100% vegan. Whilst the vegan durum was very good, and was prepared in less than two minutes, it was a bit confusing and a slight disappointment to find out that meat dishes are also served. The staff were helpful in that they clearly explained which sauces etc were vegan, but forgot to tell me that drinks and cutlery are self-service and then laughed when I was not sure whether to clear my crockery away at the end of the meal. Therefore I would recommend this place for a convenient take-away meal, but not for somewhere to eat-in.

Pros: location, price
Cons: serves meat, no toilets
britred11
britred11

Love this place for the guilty-free fast food

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2014

I was so glad to have found this place, which is absolutely charming and the food is great! I love my vegan döner which is offered with a choice of six different sauces from red beet sauce to tomato based sauced to hummus. The staff is very friendly and this place always seems to be very busy. Granted, it is more a take away place than a dining in place which you will notice with tables often occupied by students in heated vegan debates :-) but the place has its charm - maybe just not a place to take a 1st date to. I am glad they found such a tasty way to veganize the Döner, so I will be back frequently.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 12, 2014

Pros: Delicious food, inexpensive, friendly staff
Cons: small location - seating limited
Guest
Guest

delicious vegan kebap

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

great vegan kebap with a variety of vegan sauces, but also meat kebap available. nice staff and cozy place. good for a quick snack!

DJMToronto
DJMToronto

great vegan döner/dürüm

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

I was really impressed by Royal Kebabhaus. The staff was friendly, helpful and could communicate in English if necessary. They clearly understand the difference between vegan and vegetarian (so for instance they won't offer you a yoghurt based sauce if you identify yourself as vegan). They have a number of different vegan sauce options for the vegan seitan they use and the flat bread I had with mine was perfect . . . a bit crunchy on the outside but soft inside. It's the best vegan döner I've had (but I can't really compare it to the meat-based version since I've never had one . . .). A döner and a drink was 5.90 EUROS, which seems reasonably priced for Munich. It's also just a two-minute walk from the main train station . . .

It was busy when I was there (around 1:30pm on a weekday afternoon), so there was a short wait for a table. Clearly vegans know about it since at least half of the steady stream of people coming in asked for the vegan options.
Updated from previous review on Friday December 20, 2013

Pros: vegan-knowledgeable, friendly atmosphere/service, speak English
Cons: no toilet facility
chrdold
chrdold

engaged & expensive

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

I like a lot that the owner wrote a little cookbook about vegetarian turkish dishes. They seem to be convinced themselves and they told me that step by step they want to become all vegetarian or vegan.
The vegan dürüm I had tasted well. It wasn´t wrapped well though and the bread was too hard so it was a whole mess eating it. And together with a tiny vegan baklava it was 7,50€ which I consider expensive even for Munich.

Pros: directly at main station, want to become all vegetarian or vegan, tasty
Cons: expensive, hard to eat, huge meat loaf turning in your face
greenhexi
greenhexi

I travel to Munich only for this doener kebab

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2013

I love Doener Kebab which was the only dish I thought about twice before turning from meat eater directly to vegan. For years my only hope was the Voener in Berlin which I meanhwile find highly disgusting... this place here in Munich has a doener that has it all. The seitan is the yummiest I ever had. Variety of sauces. Owner/Inventor was always here when I came and I really trust him with my doener (I generally do not trust mixed shops or vegetarians). I hope his idea spreads...

Pros: Very yummy, authentic German doener, Passionate Owner
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Very delicious, super friendly, has rewards card

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

This place is just down the road from the side entrance to Munich Hbf. You could easily go here if you have a 20min transfer between trains.

They're super excited about their vegan doner, they use separate utensils, and they can point out which toppings are vegan.

Store also has a rewards card: purchase 10 doners and the 11th one is free. The best part is that even if your 10 doners were all meat (this place serves meat also), the free one is always veggie, whether you're veggie or not. They really want people to try their veggie doner and spread the word. Awesome.

Pros: Serves mock meat to meat-eaters, Super friendly, Convenient
Cons: sells meat
christopher
christopher

What a Surprise And Delight!

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2013

Arrived after a long flight and searched for this restaurant. Found it and got the last table. The food exceeded expectations. They brought a mese plate with an amazing assortment of vegan stayed with warm bread. Then they had several choices of vegan doners and vegan tzatziki sauce. WOW. Although I am here for only couple of days I will be back! The owner personally came around to ask how everything was. Great evening.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 21, 2013

Pros: Price, Quality, Variety
goamiez
goamiez

best döner ever

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

das ist der beste döner, den ich je gegessen hab. man kann seine saucen super wählen, der dönerteller wird auch individuell zusammengestellt und der besitzer ist auch super nett. es gibt noch viele salate und andere vegane sachen. der mitarbeiter sind auch super kompetent, wenn man nachfragt. preise sind auch ok und das ambienete ist auch "niedlich". besser gehts nicht.

hack_man
hack_man

Succulent Seitan Kebabs

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

Right on the main street at Munich HBf, it's a strange place but the fact that they offer a vegan kebab is pretty amazing. They have a seperate kebab spit with succulent seitan 'meat' which is carved and served just like a regular kebab. There is no cross-contamination as they use separate utensils to those used for the chicken kebab spit. The seitan is really really tasty and is served with the traditional range of salads and sauces. It's fantastic value and can be eaten on the premises or taken away. Cold drinks and beer are also served if you fancy washing it down with something. The staff are extremely friendly and are very proud of their vegan kebab. They make every effort to make sure you choose exactly what you want and explain which sauces are suitable for vegans. Make sure you tell them if you are vegan as they might put yoghurt sauce on your kebab. There is a huge emphasis on vegetarian food, they even have their own veg/vegan recipe book on sale as well as a good range of side dishes such as vine leaves, humous and aubergine plus a few vegetarian dips and tofu schnitzel burgers.

Pros: cheap, friendly, beer
Cons: serves meat
ramachandra
ramachandra

veggie döner!

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2012

I admit that my review may be influenced by the fact that I was practically starving by the time I got there... but this place was fabulous. I have been in Germany for 6 months and haven't been able to try to the infamous döner until now. It was delicious. Plus, the staff was incredibly nice and friendly. I would definitely come back again. I didn't even see what else was on the menu, I simply asked for the vegetarian döner and they asked if I wanted yogurt sauce and if I wanted it spicy. And I believe the price was 3,70 euro.

Pros: friendly staff, close to hbf, veggie döner!
Cons: serves meat
manulaX1
manulaX1

Best Döner Kebab in town

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2012

First of all: The Royal Kebabhaus is the same as Makam Naturkost with has an duplicate entry at HappyCow - maybe both should be merged together.

Certainly this Döner kebab shop is the best in Munich (for both vegetarians / vegans and meat eaters) and is highly competitive to the Döner stores in Berlin a.k.a. the Capital when it comes to all kebab in Germany.

The Royal Kebabhaus has improved a lot since they became open-minded to veganism and introduced the vegan döner a few years ago. Has seen a renovation by the end of 2011.

Since then the vegan options exceed the non-vegan! They have up to 6 different vegan dressings (try the vegan garlic sauce, it can't get any more delicious!) and everything in the delicacy shelf (Kısır, Dolma etc.) is vegan. Sometimes they also have vegan schnitzel or hamburger.
Also they have more vegan Turkish specialities from their vegan bakery like ‪Simit‬ or ‪Baklava‬. Turkish tea is for free!

Once a month animal right groups meet there. Owner and staff are friendly and very obliging. They also publish there own vegetarian / vegan cooking books.

They all spoke English very well, so don't be afraid to ask twice.

Pros: Large variety of vegan Turkish food, very friendly staff, medium to large portions
Cons: Toilets are 100m away in another bulding, Hard to find in first place, Sometimes vegan kebab is out of stock
purplebanshee
purplebanshee

Good for a quick snack

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2011

The Royal Kebabhaus is centrally located beside the Hauptbahnhof. I've eaten there twice and the food was ok, but not outstanding. I had the doner kebab, in a wrap and in a focacia-type bread. Both times they asked if I wanted it vegetarian (yoghurt type sauce) or vegan (salsa type sauce). They have a wide selection of cold drinks, and also falafel, salads etc on display at the counter. You can eat in or takeaway. The seating area is comfortable, but could be cleaner.

The place is good for an easy meal if you're in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. I've had better vegan doner kebabs (in Berlin, for example).

Pros: Central location, Good for food on the go
Cons: Average food
olgucz
olgucz

NOT vegan at all

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2011

we were very excited to go to a 100% vegan doner place, but, to our disappointment, they only had 2 vegan options. TWO!

the first was something that resembled a strudel, but with veggies in it. the second was falafel. we both went for the falafel.

for 3.5eur it was a terrible falafel, and, believe me, I've had tons of falafels in my life. the hummus wasn't smooth at at all, the bun was too hard so everything kept falling out of it. the falafels themselves were undercooked and didn't hold together..

the bottom line is - don't be fooled by the description. oh, and if you're looking for decent falafels, there's a doner place close to the corner of FeilitzschstraSe and LeopoldstraSe for the same price. ;)

Pros: location, some vegetarian options
Cons: few vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Royal Kebabhaus: