Roti Mediterrean Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Chain restaurant with multiple locations. Offers falafel and vegetable in sandwiches and bowls made to order. Has gluten-free pita bread. Vegan information available on website. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Suzanne Giampa
LeighVelvet
LeighVelvet

One of my favorite lunches

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

Now don't get me wrong, Roti serves meat, and when you walk up to order their second question is "which meat" but they have an awesome vegetarian sandwich which is worth trying (every week of your life). I got lucky on my first visit because I didn't know what to order when I got to the counter. The nice guy said, "I know just what to make for you, my sister is a vegetarian." He heated up a big laffa bread wrap, put these big yellow cous cous down as the first layer, then these beautiful mixed roasted veggies (broccoli, carrots, and peppers, etc), shredded purple cabbage as the 3rd layer and topped it off with a very very generous scoop of hummus. He rolled it all up and he was right! I would have never thought to put those 4 layers together but man oh man is it good. I eat it 3 times a month. Now, I'm not a vegan, so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's a vegan sandwich. So the guy who posted before me has it wrong. They also have falafel, which I've not tried yet. I will also comment that this sandwich was invented at the Glenview Roti but I've gone to the Vernon Hills Roti and instructed the staff how to make it for me so it's the same menu. The person serving you is going to be a meat eater so YOU have to tell them, laffa bread wrap, cous cous, veggies, purple cabbage, tons of hummus. If enough of us start going and asking for it maybe they will make it a menu item. Try it, you will like it.

Pros: fast, convenient, tasty
Cons: only 2-3 veggie options
Suzanne Giampa
Suzanne Giampa

Nothing vegan : (

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2011

Friendly staff, clean resturaunt.
There weren't any vegan options.

Dear Owner and Manager of Roti Mediterrean Grill: