Serves meat, veg options available. Rost mat och kaffe has vegetarian lunches, pastries, Italian coffee, and vegan food upon request. The soup is always vegan, made of coconut cream. Small and cozy. Moved from Rådhusesplanaden 4B in summer 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, European, Swedish, Organic, Non-veg
Skolgatan 62
Umea, Sweden 906 54
+46-90135800

Open Mon-Fri 11am-4pm.

First Review by swedenrose3
swedenrose3
swedenrose3

A bistro that does right by vegan foodies

4 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2014

On a trip to Umeå, we were on the hunt for vegan-friendly places to eat. It was down to Rost and another place. As luck would have it, Rost was right around the corner from our hotel. My partner had the Fresh Cheese Plate, which the restaurant made vegan by giving him extra hummus, It was served with bulgar, chile beans, quinoa, and curry beans. He also raved about the lovely dark pumpernickel bread that came with his meal. I had the soup of the day (which is always vegan btw!). It was tomato and sweet pea with herb toast and a lovely fresh summer salad. Both meals were fantastic. If I had anything to say, it would only be that I was missing a little savory to break up the sweet on my plate, but that it just me splitting hairs. On our way out the door, we made it as far as the dessert display before turning around to head back in for a slice of carrot cake (non-vegan) and a chocolate ball (vegan). Both desserts were yummy. The atmosphere is modern, trendy and great for a 2014 bistro.

Pros: creative menu with modern flavors, atmosphere, location

Dear Owner and Manager of Rost: