Vegetarian bakery featuring an assortment of pastries that use no eggs or dairy (although they do use honey). Also makes cheese and spinach pies. Sell a range of mainly sweet pastries, though there is savory stuff too. Some of the range is vegan (confirm). The owner, Rosy Soussis, speaks good English and understands what vegan means. Confirmed open as of April 2012. more-less
71 Paleologou (Evgeniou Voulgareos)
Corfu, Greece
n/a

First Review by Petesternz
nothingels
nothingels

mwah

1 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

of course it's really nice to bump into a vegan treat in a place where it is quite hard to find but although the place has many vegan/vegetarian options it leaves me with disappointment. The owner is too eager in my opinion, it gives me the creeps. Besides that its ridiculous to pay 4.50 for a coffee.
2 coffee, 2 pies and a baclava for 19 euros! doesn't want me to come back...

Cons: expensive
Libra77
Libra77

Lovely savoury and sweet vegan treats

5 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2014

I came across this bakery by accident whilst wandering the beautiful streets of Corfu Town. I saw a sign stating vegetarian bakery with vegan baklava. This led me to Rosie's fantastic bakery. Rosie has really good knowledge of vegan produce and confirmed to me which pastries were suitable and which were not. A vast majority are, as are the cookies. I picked up a mix of sweet mini pastries, about ten, and a slice of spinach pie, a really generous helping, for 18 euro. The sweet pastries were all different flavours and were all certainly sweet, best eaten with a drink as Rosie herself recommends. A wonderful find as Corfu has been quite tricky whilst being vegan.

Pros: excellent selection , Rosie's knowledge , location
Cons: no eat in space, takeaway only
Petesternz
Petesternz

Unbelievable pastries!!!!

5 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2008

This place was an incredible find on our recent visit to Corfu. If you are a honey-eating vegan (I know, I know, a contradiction to many...) Rose's bakery has some of the best pastries you will ever eat. It is a very small little place (there are actually two outlets), but one table is devoted entirely to egg and dairy free treats. The chocolate pastry is divine. Warning: these are not cheap, but they are worth the price. Do not pass up this place! The streets are tough to find, but in Corfu Old town look for the signs advertising egg and dairy free baking!!!

Pros: TASTE!!! YUMMMMM
Cons: Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Rose's Bakery: