Cafe bar with occasional live music. Vegan choices include a mille feuille with beets and hummus, broccoli soup, quiona with cream of pepper, linguini with saffron and wakame seaweed, veggie burger. Bright and colorful space with free Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Greek,Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out

mystikjosie
mystikjosie

Super discovery

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2015

I'm so happy I discovered this place in Athens. I went twice on the same week. Amazing food, the asian salad was amazing!! I was able to have a vegan raw meal!! Staff is super friendly and helpful!! Can't wait to go back.

Pros: Nice outdoor seating, Super friendly staff, Fresh and delicious food
nature lover
nature lover

Good vegan options

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2015

There were quite a few vegan choices, I had the thai curry and the raw chocolate green tea for dessert. Both were delicious! The restaurant has lots of seating inside and out and the staff were very friendly and spoke good English. would definitely recommend.

Jonathan Ahlbring
Jonathan Ahlbring

Hummus to die for

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2015

Best hummus I've eaten in four different variations. And almond ravioli to that. Would def. go there again next time in Athens.
Updated from previous review on Friday May 08, 2015

Pros: Good food, Nice place, Good menu

billyblue
billyblue

The best of Athens!

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2015

You can not go to Athens and miss this place! Soo friendly staff, the restaurant itself is nice, and the food is absolutely amazing. We had the hummus entry, which was wonderful! And the veggie-burger was the best vegan burger I have ever had, I almost cried while eating it. My fiancé ate the pizza, which also was delicious! This was the favorite restaurant on our weekend in Athens.

scratchgrey
scratchgrey

one of the best!

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2015

Everything about Rosebud was good. Really attentive service, lots of choice, great food. I'd definitely put it up there with one of the best veggie/vegan places I've visited in a long time.

Pros: choice, service
itzjac
itzjac

Delicious Food on our first night in Athens!

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2015

My partner and I arrived in Greece today and were originally going to try out the Vegetarian Restaurant 'Avocado' - but it was closed early because its Sunday so we found 'Rosebud'.

We ordered a bead and dip starter (I can't remember what it was called - but it said it was traditionally greek) and it was delicious. We ran out of bread and still had dip remaining so they brought us free bread and free olives - we have just spent a month in Turkey and my boyfriend said these olives were better than any we tried in Turkey! (and we loved the Turkish olives!).

We both ordered fresh juices - mine was the seasonal, and my partner had banana & mint. For mains he ordered the pumpkin almond ravioli (not vegan - he absolutely loved it! He was practically licking the plate clean!) and I ordered the Thai Turmeric Coconut Curry - it was so delicious! It had mixed vegetables, chickpeas and a delicious sauce, served with rice.

The staff were lovely and even gave us a free shot of oozo! I was pretty keen to try a raw vegan dessert - but unfortunately they were all out of vegan desserts so my partner ordered a chocolate cheesecake - which was actually listed as 'chocolate pastry' - so not at all what we expected when it arrived, but he said it was pretty delicious nonetheless.

The only con's I can find is that there were no vegan desserts left and also it was fairly expensive (we are not sure if this is normal prices for Greece as it was our first meal here - however it is more than double the price of all the restaurants we went to in Turkey so we found it to be very expensive.

Would definitely go back! :)

Pros: Food, Ambience, Staff, location, food :)
Cons: No vegan dessert, Expensive
Purds
Purds

everything poifect

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2015

The food was fast and really great, location on Skoufa was nice and service was nicer still. Gracious when catering to a vegetarian family with food allergies and absolutely no Greek language. + added bonus of Greek style done in vegan.

frads
frads

Beautiful Restaurant with Nice Vegan Options

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2014

This restaurant featured some great vegan options (note: most of the menu is vegetarian and not vegan). My husband and I decided to try the Souvlaki in keeping with something that was based on typical Greek cuisine. The flavor and taste was amazing. We also ordered green tea which I am pretty certain was lightly sweetened with agave. Only downside is the prices are a bit high or Athens (3.50 Euros for a glass of iced tea, Desserts are all 7 Euros and up).

Pros: Vegan Options, Great Tasting Food, Great Service / Ambiance
Cons: Pricey
Bamboo Vegan
Bamboo Vegan

Just Awesome!

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

We live in town and Rosebud is a perfect choice when we are in need of some tasty vegan food.

We like many of the dishes, but our favorites are the vegan pizza (with home made cheese and salami from mushrooms!), as well as the vegan hot dog (which also is based on a homemade sausage, yummy). The salads are also really nice and refreshing, with very rich and distinct seasonings.

Rosebud is awesome because it is located in an easy to find area of central Athens, and in the spring/summmer months you can also sit outside by the boardwalk, which is really great.

The chef is great and has vast knowledge of vegan food, and very often he comes out to check that customers are pleased.

Another plus is that food always arrives quickly, which is a huge must when we are super-hungry after work! :)

Pros: Tasty Food, Food arrives quickly, Nice and easy to find area
Nam b
Nam b

Friendly staff, good food.

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2014

I can comfirm that the burger was great. We also tried the mousaka. The chef came to our table after our meal and asked how we found it. Good food and friendly staff. Had to tip a little extra. Would definetly go back.

Pros: Food, Staff, Music
Cons: Lighting
MoaRichter
MoaRichter

Good food and nice staff

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

Best vegan food I found in Athens. Really nice staff, the chef even came down to ask us how whe found them. Tried the mushroom burger wich was really good, also the fired potatoes were really good.

Pros: Firendly staff, Good Food, The mushroom burger
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Mediocre tastes, overpriced

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

Most items here are not vegan. Maybe 10-15% of the menu is vegan, and another 10-15% can be modified to be vegan. That makes this a vegetarian restaurant with only 25% vegan items, and that's baffling to me.

On top of that, each dish is 12-15 euros for something I didn't think was all that good of a meal. The service was friendly and attentive, but the food was lacking. I ordered souvlaki, which is basically a kebab. They used silken tofu, so as soon as you picked up the stick that everything comes on, the softness of the silken tofu didn't hold up, and it just crumbled to pieces off the stick. I know that firm tofu exists, so why they used silken tofu for grilling on a stick is confusing, and it was still extremely gooey.

My biggest problem with this restaurant, though, is that they allow smoking inside. Despite anti-smoking laws making this illegal, the staff allowed numerous people to smoke inside, even with "no smoking" signs (required by law) posted throughout the restaurant. I don't want cancer smoke with my food, and this really ruined my meal.

I definitely wouldn't go back here.

Pros: No meat served
Cons: Allows smoking inside, Tried to grill silken tofu on a kebab, Limited vegan options
  • Dimitris Haralas Dimitris Haralas

It’s true that from the 30 vegeterian dishes we offer , 20 of them, they are for vegan lovers , not at all a bad score for a restaurant in Athens , where local audience is very difficult to be convinced about the ecological and healthy benefits of vegetarianism . Vegeterianism in Greece is something new for the moment , but even though, it expands more and more , so veganism is the next step .
    The prices in our existing menu are :
    From 4.50 up to 7.00 euros for breakfast and snacks
    From 6.50 up to 12.00 euros for appetisers and soups
    From 8.50 up to 9.80 euros for salads
    From 8.50 up to 12.00 euros for main dishes
    The quality is excellent , not only according to us, but reading the comments of many clients and journalists ,who have appreciated our food.
    Regarding smoking , that s a big problem for us , as we are not smokers . In Greece, as you may know , despite the law against smoking , people (in great majority ) they can’t and they don’t want to accept it, even they are vegeterians or not . If we didn’t allow them to smoke , perhaps we should be broke .
    That’s why we have the first floor where smoking is not permitted and that’t the reason we ask our clients if they are smokers or not .If the waiter didn’t ask you, that’s a managing problem , we have to solve .

AlloraKonstantina
AlloraKonstantina

Remarkable alchemy of flavours in Athens!

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

Mix of flavours that cannot be found elsewhere easily. The taste of linguine wakame is still remaining sweet in my palate and the mushroom burger was really worth-eating. If you like coconut you should not forget to taste the soup. The environment is cosy, the stuff is really gentle, while the soft music really makes you feel relaxed. For sure, is a place worth visiting even if you are not a vegetarian.
Updated from previous review on Monday August 26, 2013