Eggless bakery in South Richmond Hills. Offers quick lunch food from 11:30am-3pm that's vegetarian, some vegan. Free Wi-Fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Bakery, Indian, Catering, Take-out

JGirl44
JGirl44

Outstanding Vegan Cakes

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2015

I purchased a cake for my wedding, and I must say I was impressed with the level of professionalism from the staff. The cake turned out beautifully, and most of all it tasted great. It's hard to find vegan cakes, and Rose Valley Cakes made my dreams come true. The staff is like having an added family member in your corner.

slo0go
slo0go

Delicious new bakery!

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2015

I have been trying to find a vegan bakery in the NYC area to bake my wedding cake. I was convinced that with my budget, I could only afford a small cake and then feed sheet cakes to our guests. I had spoken to Lael cakes, which has beautiful and delicious cakes, but which is also pretty pricey. I had spoken to Vegan Treats in PA, which had better pricing, but at which I could only afford a smaller cake with sheet cakes. I had ordered a cake at Cinnamon Snail once. The cake was beautiful, but because it was made in fondant, it was not as tasty as I'd hoped.

Finally, my parents found a flyer at VegeEats for Rose Valley. I stopped by over the weekend. They are right down the street from Veggie Castle in Richmond Hill, and their baked goods are AMAZING!!! We were so impressed with the chocolate mousse, which is so rich but not too sweet. Kamla, the baker, told us that she does not use a lot of sugar; she uses fruit juices to sweeten her desserts.

Although the bakery has only been open for eight months, Kamla told us she has decades of experience. We saw several people stop by to pick up beautiful cakes for their parties. A few of them made it a point to personally thank Kamla and tell her how wonderful her baking is. And it's all true!

Kamla will be making our five tiered vegan wedding cake at a price I can afford. I am so excited - I'll have to update you after the wedding!!!

You should also know that Rose Valley has food as well. We tried their platter. The lentils were absolutely delicious! We also had a vegetable curry dish and a mock duck dish that was tasty as well. Definitely give Rose Valley a try! It may be a bit of a schlep, but definitely worth it.

Be aware that not everything is vegan. I believe everything is egg-free, but not everything is dairy free. Be sure to ask before trying!

Updated from previous review on Sunday June 22, 2014

***UPDATE*** The cake was absolutely delicious and really beautiful. HOWEVER, I must note that Kamla called me two days before the wedding to ask me for FOUR TIMES the delivery price she initially quoted me, saying that she thought my wedding was on Long Island, and not in Jersey City. I refused to pay the additional funds and insisted that we had an agreed upon price. She ultimately conceded to the price we had agreed upon. (My confirmation email to her after we first met did in fact indicate the location). Get everything in writing with this vendor.

Otherwise, I was very happy.

Pros: Delicious baked goods!, Affordable!, Friendly baker!
Cons: GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING

Dear Owner and Manager of Rose Valley Cakes: